SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You can now purchase the HD XR front sight as a stand alone.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You can now purchase the HD XR front sight as a stand alone. Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted
I would reckon this is for current Trijicon HD owners who want to go to a thinner front sight. I don't know of any other rear sights that the HD is comparable with. (There are a few exceptions. 10-8 makes a compatible rear for the M&P, but I don't know of any SIG comparable)

http://www.brownells.com/handg...ight-prod107940.aspx

My opinion the XR sights are as close to traditional fiber optics at speed as you'll ever come.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of caneau
posted Hide Post
Wow those are expensive. That's double the cost of a regular Trijicon front sight.

Posts: 5326 | Location: The Virginia side of DC | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Oh, cool, thanks, jones!

You're right caneau, and just like Curtis Mathes TV's ...

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
This is great news!

Does anyone know what height I need for a G17 and G19?

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Has anyone tried the Ameriglo T-CAP sights with the narrower front sight?

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Oh, cool, thanks, jones!

You're right caneau, and just like Curtis Mathes TV's ...

You sir.....are showing your age. Big Grin

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by caneau:
Wow those are expensive. That's double the cost of a regular Trijicon front sight.

Yeah, I know. It's expensive to be cool. But, they are priced about $10 higher than the Ameriglo front only offerings. I bought one a while back for an M&P and paid almost that. It works with a 10-8 wide notch rear where the Trijicon doesn't.

www.opspectraining.com

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
Has anyone tried the Ameriglo T-CAP sights with the narrower front sight?

I run an orange set on my G26 gen4 with Apex parts. Quick on target and very accurate, even out of the little gun. They don't give you any tritium on the rears thought but the price is right. I'm a big fan of thin fronts.

Posts: 399 | Location: Hartford, CT | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
That price is pretty high, especially considering I just bought a new front/rear XR set for $124.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JAFO:
That price is pretty high, especially considering I just bought a new front/rear XR set for $124.

Where?

www.opspectraining.com

posted Hide Post
Thanks. I just order two front sights. I plan on selling my non XR front sights on ebay to recover some of the cost.

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by JAFO:

Where?

Jet.com, in conjunction with a discount code I got from Mrgunsngear's FB page. I'm not sure if the code is still good, but I used SPORT25 and opted out of free returns to get them for $123.36. They actually shipped from Optics Planet.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post