SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 vs Shield and Glock 43
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 vs Shield and Glock 43 Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
I just picked up my P365 and got a chance to compare it to some of my other mini's...

Glock 43 (7 rd and 8 rd mags)
Shield 9 (1.0) (7 and 8 rd mags)
P365 (born on Nov '19). (10 and 12 rd mags)

Side by side

Without mags

G43/Shield with 7 rd mags, P365 with 10 rd mags

G43/Shield 8 round mags, P365 w/ 12 rd mag

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
Put 225 rounds through the P365 today.

100 rdsSpeer Lesn 115 grain
50 rounds Speer frangible 100 gr
50 rounds Umarex reloads (lead)
25 rounds Federal HST 147 gr

One minor FTRB towards the end - the Umarex was just old and dirty with smoke and carbon. Otherwise ran flawlessly and once I got a little more attuned to the trigger it was plenty accurate.

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alex35
posted Hide Post
How the recoil compared to the G43?

Posts: 187 | Registered: February 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alex35:

Honestly it was a bit snappier, but once I dialed in and got used to it it wasn’t bad - except the 10-round flush fit mag made the gun harder to control. I got 2- 12 rounders that fit my hand easily. Between the three the Shield handles recoil the best.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alex35:

Recoil difference is not an issue. P365 has much less space available for a support hand contact. I shot both today and ran both at .25 splits at 7 yards but getting a repeatable return was harder with the SIG.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
So 250 rounds total - and it still looks new...

I do see some scratches on the back of the magazine. Hoping it’s not a bad omen - really like this pistol

posted Hide Post
the P365 feels and shoots like a miniature P320. The trigger is about the same, and it feels about the same. Just small. Really small. The P365 has a wider backstrap; one may feel the recoil, or perceive to feel it a bit less, but let's face it: it's 9X19. Not exactly a .44 magnum.

The actual recoil? The same. It's the same cartridge. The pistols weigh about the same. Physics. It's the same.

My G43 has proven exceptionally reliable. So far the P365 hasn't given me any problems. I'm withholding judgement until it has more ammunition through it. Thus far, a few thousand rounds, I like it.

The Shield; I bought a .40 shield that split within the first couple hundred rounds. The frame literally split and failed. S&W refused to honor their warranty, so it sits useless in my safe. I have a 9mm shield that I have't done anything with, but it was inexpensive, so one of these days I'll pull it out. I'm not impressed with the Shield shape; it's awkward, longer from frontstrap to backstrap than need be, and it forces the hand to sit lower than it should. Nothing about the shield impresses me, and having dealt with S&W's customer service on the last one, I'm even less impressed, with both their product and their customer service and honesty.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bizarrely, the triggers on my two P365's are actually considerably better than on my two P320X5's (pre Grayguns competition upgrades) and X-Carries.

Posts: 49 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post