SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Who else has become a huge 2011 fan?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who else has become a huge 2011 fan? Login/Join 
posted
For years I avoided them, but after buying my first one in 2020, I got hooked on the platform. Now twelve models and like $60G's later, I've satisfied the itch.

I think its an awesome platform to shoot. While I wish I would have overcome my stubbornness to give them a real chance years ago, I think now is the golden age of the 2011. They are available as low as about $1500 to nearly as much as you're willing to spend.

While mine are all the top end of the market, I have shot some of the Staccato duty models and even the Springfield Prodigy and enjoyed the hell out of those also.

Has anyone else become a 2011 addict in recent years? I'm sure there are some long term fans here also. I wish I could say the same.

At any rate, here are my cool dozen. Most are 9mm, but I have a couple chambered in 40 S&W and one 45 ACP....

Top row: Triarc Tri-11, Rough Tactical Alpha, Staccato XC, Staccato XL, LimCat Wildcat, LimCat Wildcat

Bottom row: Nighthawk TRS Comp, Atlas Hyperion, Atlas Titan, Infinity, Phoenix Trinity Honcho, TTI JW3 Combat Master

Posts: 1326 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bac1023:
I think now is the golden age of the 2011. They are available as low as about $1500 to nearly as much as you're willing to spend.

Even lower now that EAA/Girsan is offering a 2011 for $999.

Posts: 32522 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yea rogue but that is a 2311, totally different. lol

Posts: 7537 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
I think now is the golden age of the 2011. They are available as low as about $1500 to nearly as much as you're willing to spend.

Even lower now that EAA/Girsan is offering a 2011 for $999.

I did see that on a couple forums, actually. I don’t buy Turkish pistols, so I tend to glance over them.

Hopefully it’s a good option. Certainly the least expensive 2011 on the market.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I love my Staccato R. I can shoot more quickly and more accurately with that than any other handgun I own. But, it's unlikely I'll be acquiring additional 2011s. The good ones (Staccato, Nighthawk, ACW, etc.) are too rich for my blood, the economy ones don't really interest me, and, well, the safe is full.

Plus, I've "standardized" on the 1911 platform. One reason: Holsters. With only a couple exceptions: Every one of my 1911s fits in every one of my 1911 holsters. For my Staccato R I have a competition holster. That's the only holster I plan ever to have for it. (And I got that used, in "like new" condition, for a song, or I wouldn't have even that.)

It's remotely possible I may talk myself into a Staccato XC someday, but, more likely not.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't say huge, but my pre-stacatoo STI Eagle is very fine, and after I got my blacksmith built .45 straightened out with roundnose bullets and "tuned" magazines, it is a great shooter.

Posts: 3288 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
ME!! I've just bought a Masterpiece Arms DS9 Red/Black in with a 5 MOA SRO I just zeroed. It's a tack driver and an amazing bargain compared to other 2011s like it. It's almost this exact gun except with a full dust cover:

It completely killed my desire for any Sig X5 as this thing is built to a much higher standard of quality inside and out along with being less expensive than the Gucci'er X5s the Germans fancied up on the outside.

Posts: 4182 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don’t buy Turkish pistols

I hear you but I recently picked up a Girsan Hipower Match pistol and I gotta tell you, the workmanship is most excellent Smile

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
quote:

I hear you but I recently picked up a Girsan Hipower Match pistol and I gotta tell you, the workmanship is most excellent Smile

Mine was rather impressive while I had it which is why I have more confidence that Girsan can do a 2011 clone with fewer problems than Springfield. I'm also liking that they're doing models with bushings instead of bull barrels so I don't need a tool to take apart the slide.

I'm also waiting for someone to do a serious shooting comparison between a Staccato C2 sized gun vs the Wilson Combat X9 series guns.

Posts: 4182 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
quote:

Funny, I just handled that exact gun at my LGS. It’s definitely a nice pistol

I don’t think Turkish pistols are bad guns at all.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
ME!! I've just bought a Masterpiece Arms DS9 Red/Black in with a 5 MOA SRO I just zeroed. It's a tack driver and an amazing bargain compared to other 2011s like it. It's almost this exact gun except with a full dust cover:

It completely killed my desire for any Sig X5 as this thing is built to a much higher standard of quality inside and out along with being less expensive than the Gucci'er X5s the Germans fancied up on the outside.

Eh yeah I hear you. Those are very nice, but the Mastershop pistols are as well. Just a lot different.

I’m sure it shoots awesome

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Eh yeah I hear you. Those are very nice, but the Mastershop pistols are as well. Just a lot different.

I know it's partly a me problem and partly a German/US government problem, but I just can't get into a custom shop like the Meister Manufaktur or the Mastershop that takes a great production level gun, makes it very beautiful with engravings and finishes, but doesn't little to the performance of the gun.

If those Mastershop guns were priced like the Walthers, I'd have a different opinion, but at $4-6K, I can get a custom built Nighthawk or Atlas made exactly how I want with all tool steel parts, every part hand fitted to perfection, and with a beautiful finish.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I know it's partly a me problem and partly a German/US government problem, but I just can't get into a custom shop like the Meister Manufaktur or the Mastershop that takes a great production level gun, makes it very beautiful with engravings and finishes, but doesn't little to the performance of the gun.

If those Mastershop guns were priced like the Walthers, I'd have a different opinion, but at $4-6K, I can get a custom built Nighthawk or Atlas made exactly how I want with all tool steel parts, every part hand fitted to perfection, and with a beautiful finish.

It’s the market that’s pricing them like that, not Sig. They weren’t that bad while in production. They are actually a lot nicer than your standard P series Sigs. They aren’t Atlas, but they are no slouch

posted Hide Post
I bought my wife an STI DVC about nine years ago for action pistol competition. Other than the STI magazines that need "tuning" every so often to run correctly, it's a great pistol. Soft shooting and accurate. It's a real treat to shoot.

Posts: 5 | Registered: November 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Turns out I do have one picture of my 2011:

posted Hide Post
Me.

I resisted them for a long time, too. I had the chance to shoot one of Steve Fisher's Nighthawks at a class in 2018 and just loved it. Ended up finding an STI Tactical (one of the last guns before the Staccato P was introduced) for a song shortly after. Have since bought a P, C2, and XC. Really contemplating a Chambers at some point.

The STI/Staccato Gen 2 (and later) mags are what made the platform relevant. If the Staccato guns would have come out without the new mags, I don't think they would have seen the acceptance that they have. Even with options like MBX out there, the guy buying a $2000-$2500 Staccato (and definitely the guy buying a Prodigy) is probably not the guy that's going to buy $100+ mags.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
I should buy more SVIs.

Triangle Shooting Sports, if they’re still going, also builds really nice ones - and built an incredible single-stack for me.

Posts: 5741 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Turns out I do have one picture of my 2011:

Beautiful Dan

Love the grip frame

Picture of 2Malamutes
posted Hide Post
I would not say huge fan, but at any given time I’m thinking about how I want Nighthawk to build my next one. I started with the STI DVC 3gun, but then during the recent gunflation I was offered $500 more than I paid for it, and decided I’d prefer a metal frame 2011. Only want to order once and with 2 other 1911’s in queues, I can wait a bit to finalize order.

Posts: 183 | Location: SW Lower Michigan | Registered: March 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post