SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Walther Expert trigger system for PPQ
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Walther Expert trigger system for PPQ Login/Join 
Picture of grumpy1
posted
Supposedly within 60 days Walther is coming out with their Expert trigger system for the PPQ series. There were questions earlier on why the new Q5 Match Steel Frame had a 5 lb trigger in a pistol that looks to be a dedicated competition pistol and this appears to be the answer with how to remedy that. Some of the features are different trigger shoes, adjustable weight via springs, and adjustable pre travel and over travel.

More details in link below with video.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Buy9gOMA1LY/

Posts: 9750 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that the PPQ trigger is pretty good as is.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Word is in the last year or so they increased sear support to avoid a dead trigger, and in the process increased trigger pull weight in the PPQ series.

Posts: 186 | Registered: September 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the apex flat trigger makes the ppq what it should have been

Posts: 503 | Registered: January 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I've never had any issue with the quality of the standard factory PPQ trigger. As it is it's already frickin' sweet and easy to light off with speed and reasonable accuracy. However I suppose that I wouldn't mind playing with an even sweeter version, since the PPQ and its size would never be more than a range gun for me anyways.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Instagram video makes the new trigger look pretty impressive. With the already hefty price on the Q5 SF, this trigger system should be standard on it, and then available as an upgrade on other Walther pistols.

Posts: 105 | Registered: November 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I have an early PPQ with the S&W import marks on it that I bought new and am very happy with the trigger on it and have no plans to buy new kit but wanted to post for those that might be interested.

I wonder if Walther has a spring to make the PPQ trigger a bit heavier as many have mentioned they would like such for CCW. There was some posts on Walther forum at one time that Walther Germany did offer such but I have not heard anything more about it nor have I contacted Walther USA. It will be interesting to see what these new springs are supposed to do to the PPQ trigger pull weight and will they be available separately or only as part of a more expensive kit. My PPQ is used mostly for range fun these days as I still prefer my box stock Gen 2 Glock 19 that I bought new in the early 90s for CCW due to it's more compact size and I really like the around 6 lb trigger on it for CCW.

Posts: 9750 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rlbuzz:
The Instagram video makes the new trigger look pretty impressive. With the already hefty price on the Q5 SF, this trigger system should be standard on it, and then available as an upgrade on other Walther pistols.
Totally agree.

Posts: 3930 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The PPQ comes out of the box with a really, really good trigger. A bit of polishing in a couple of spots makes it even better. I've been playing with a couple of M1 PPQs for some time.

In a defensive role, I don't think you would want a lighter pull than the stock PPQ. It's a true single action pull. As a matter of fact, the PPQ uses the single action mechanism of the P99.

How much does this new wonder trigger cost, and what's the pull weight adjustment range?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107708 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Walther has not released the specifics yet on pricing and trigger weight that the springs will provide though the one video states the trigger pull on the Q5 SF shown is about 3 lbs.