SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Recent P226R - good to go?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recent P226R - good to go? Login/Join 
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted
I've been looking at a P226r nitron with the E2 grips and have started to think I really need one. The pistol balances so nicely and the MK25 I had years ago was super accurate.

I haven't kept up on the QC on Sigs that last few years so wanted to see if anyone had picked up a new P226r lately and if so what they thought?

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I have had zero problems with new production 226s. One concern is that the ugliness of the long extractor somehow affects the functionality of the pistol. Rest assured from this sample of one person, long extractor guns, despite looks, run just as well as short extractor ones.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20836 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I have had zero problems with new production 226s. One concern is that the ugliness of the long extractor somehow affects the functionality of the pistol. Rest assured from this sample of one person, long extractor guns, despite looks, run just as well as short extractor ones.

Yep

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37118 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And if you can find one, a CPO P226 is a screaming deal.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16110 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
Well I caved and stopped by my LGS tonight and you can guess what followed me home. Paid $850 for a brand new P226r with Siglites.

Funny thing was they had a 226 legion da/sa and the trigger wasn't nearly as nice as the standard 226. Go figure, $400+ less and was a fair bit tighter and the trigger was much better. No brainer! Can't wait to put a few hundred through it this weekend. Thanks for the input.

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have three sigs with the E2 grips. My 229 has had problems with loose grips. I requested another set of E2 grips from SIg. Same problem with loose grips. I put a pair of Hogue G10 grips on the gun and had no problems. They all shoot fine, but the loose grips were an issue.

Posts: 17258 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FPNunes:
Well I caved and stopped by my LGS tonight and you can guess what followed me home. Paid $850 for a brand new P226r with Siglites.

Funny thing was they had a 226 legion da/sa and the trigger wasn't nearly as nice as the standard 226. Go figure, $400+ less and was a fair bit tighter and the trigger was much better. No brainer! Can't wait to put a few hundred through it this weekend. Thanks for the input.

Yep, you never know. This is the reason I always buy from a LGS. When buying, I've handled several identical new pistols. Each has its' own personality in regards to the trigger.

Enjoy your new P226R. I have a P226R .40 DA/SA I bought in 2010. One of my favorites. Came with E2's. For me they were grip sensitive. Replaced with G10's. Along with skateboard tape on the front strap, locks the gun in nicely under recoil. If trigger reach is a problem, get a GGI Intermediate reigger.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post