SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Streamlite TLR-7 any thoughts?
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Streamlite TLR-7 any thoughts? Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
SigM4, thanks for the pics.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16699 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
No problem, sorry about the shadows, didn’t realize it was that bad viewing them on my phone.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Got mine from DaBigBR today. I can finally have both the X-Compact grip and a quality weaponlight on my P320c.

Now I just need to buy some new holsters... Luckily, if I want to carry it in this configuration on duty, it fits perfectly in my Safariland duty holsters for the P320c with TLR-1. Sadly, the same doesn't hold true for my concealment holsters for a P320c with TLR-1, which are much too loose and floppy with the TLR-7A.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the crystal clear photo. It clearly shows how the light fits on the pistol.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
FYI, that is with the 1913-3 rail insert installed.

Overall, after messing with it for a few minutes, I like it so far. The high switch as shown puts the paddle right under my support hand thumb, just at the hard "point" on the knuckle crease below the pad of the thumb. Makes for fast and easy activation. Faster than the TLR-1's paddle, in fact.

The electronic switching system is still the same as the original TLR-7, with a quick press on the button activating the light in constant mode, and a press plus a hold of a bit under a second switching to momentary mode. As mentioned earlier in the thread, it isn't my first choice for switch setup, but the good news is that the interval to recognize momentary seems shorter than other weaponlights I've used that have the same setup with constant as their primary mode. So I think I can learn to live with it. I'll have to do some training with it to see if it remains an issue. (If I ran the zoo, I would have set it up with something like the left paddle activating momentary and the right constant, or maybe a completely separate third button on the side for constant like the XC-1A.)

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Nice, thanks for the photos and reviews.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks great on the X Compact. I meant to go and get pics of one on an X Compact this weekend so thanks for saving me the time.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
DaBigBR, are the TLR-8's with switch options being shipped now?

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not seen them yet, but buying from distributors puts you at the whim of their buyers. For example, I buy from three places that rep Streamlight, but only one lists the TLR-7A

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
MidwayUSA has had the TLR-8A listed for a couple weeks now, FYI.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/102205675

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Got mine from DaBigBR today. I can finally have both the X-Compact grip and a quality weaponlight on my P320c.

Now I just need to buy some new holsters... Luckily, if I want to carry it in this configuration on duty, it fits perfectly in my Safariland duty holsters for the P320c with TLR-1. Sadly, the same doesn't hold true for my concealment holsters for a P320c with TLR-1, which are much too loose and floppy with the TLR-7A.

Thanks for the photo. That looks just dandy with the light...makes me wanna pickup an X-Compact frame.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
TLR-8A

^^^
OK I understand the high and low switch. How is this 8-A different from the 7-A??

Thanks
-

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Adds a red or green laser to the white light, similar to the older TLR-2.

I have on of those on a pistol and one on a shotgun.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^
Ok thanks.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Received mine last weekend, thanks to DaBigBR!

Compared to my old TLR-1.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16699 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I'd like to exchange information about holsters for the TRL-7 and TLR-8 A 's on pistols.

Not easy to find them for weapons other than Glock.

Craft holsters can make them for many pistols.

https://www.craftholsters.com/holsters

Any more to offer?

The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
I'd like to exchange information about holsters for the TRL-7 and TLR-8 A 's on pistols.

Not easy to find them for weapons other than Glock.

Craft holsters can make them for many pistols.

https://www.craftholsters.com/holsters

Any more to offer?

I contacted G-Code and inquired if they are making an Incog, they said that it's in the works but no ETA. Edit to add- it will most likely be first for Glocks as usual.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Compared to my old TLR-1.

This picture convinced me to order one from him tonight as well.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
I have not seen them yet, but buying from distributors puts you at the whim of their buyers. For example, I buy from three places that rep Streamlight, but only one lists the TLR-7A

Update:

These have listed in the last couple days and are in stock at the distributor.

69414 (red): $185 shipped
69434 (green): $222 shipped

Both of these are also the "flex" model. I looked them both up by UPC on gun.deals and found the prices listed there were not accurate once clicking the links. Feel free to email me to order.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I mounted my new TLR7-A on my G19 gen5. The light comes with the high switches installed. I'm right handed and I like the high switch on the right side of the light. I know people say that you are not supposed to be activating a pistol-mounted WML with your trigger finger, but I do this and have done it ever since the first Surefire X-series lights came out. If people want to call this a poor technique, so be it, but I'll wager that I am far from alone in this practice.
When I put my finger through the trigger guard, my fingernail was contacting the inside of the left side switch and this bothered me. Also, I noticed that if I did wish to activate the light with my off hand, the low switch would be preferable.

Given all this, it seemed to me that the best configuration would be high switch on the right side and low switch on the left side. The transverse pin which holds the switches in place is a friction fit. It can be pushed out with a paperclip. Actually, the pin doesn't need to be removed entirely, but rather, simply pushed in far enough to free one switch. Removing this pin entirely would increase the chances of it getting bent when reinserting it.
Using the second switch body which comes with the Flex model, I used a paperclip to push in the pin from the left side of the switch body. If you do this, you'll want to press down on the switch to hold it in place, because behind the switch is the tinest coil spring you'll ever see, and if it gets away from you, you'll never find it.

Then, I removed the left side switch and coil from the high switch body and installed the low switch. On the switch body, there is a small plastic pillar which keeps the spring aligned. Put the spring on this pillar, then carefully align the switch so that the hole for the spring on the underside of the switch itself captures the spring. While using one hand to hold the switch in place and one hand to hold the switch body, use a flat surface such as a tabletop to gently push the transverse pin back into place. You can get the pin perfectly flush by using the paperclip to tweak it a bit.

So, now I have my own personalized model- the TLR-7A High/Low. High switch on the right side, low switch on the left side.

To keep all parts in place, I installed the left side high switch I removed from the high switch body into the left side of the low switch body.

It took me longer to type out this post than it did to make this modification, in case any of you are interested in making this change. Remember- the world's smallest coil spring. Be careful. If you drop it, it's gone for good.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post