SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    229elite vs m11a1
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

229elite vs m11a1 Login/Join 
posted
Other than the obvious physical differences. Are there any other differences?

I’m not a complete fan of railed Guns but the rail isn’t that bad and the checkered front strap is appealing.

Anyone like one over the other?

Posts: 532 | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
M11-A1 has corrosion resistant phosphate internals, fwiw. But that really matters not to me. Between the two, I would pick the M11-A1 because of no rail and no tail.

Q

Posts: 26424 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why do you dislike the tail?

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
To me, tail doesn't look right on a compact like the P229, especially full beavertail like that on the original Elite. The shortened tail on the current Elite (and the Legion) is a little more palatable.

Q

Posts: 26424 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m looking at a new elite, maybe that’s why I like it too

posted Hide Post
Picked up the elite today. The frame looks exactly like the legion. Front strap checkering. Checkering on the front and under the trigger guard. And this is the interesting part, it’s got the under cut where the trigger guard meets the front strap. Are these new features? Or were they always there? I did not see them in pictures. The beaver tail is exactly like the legion.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yes, the new Elite frame is identical to the Legion. Old Elite is different.

Q

posted Hide Post
Are the slides interchangeable?

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blueinterceptor:
Are the slides interchangeable?

P229 to P229, yes.

Q

posted Hide Post
So the m11a1 and elites slides are interchangeable?

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yes. The M11-A1 is a long external extractor P229, after all, just like the Elite.

Q

posted Hide Post
Thank you