SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    FN 509 .22 cal
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FN 509 .22 cal Login/Join 
Picture of ksss
posted
Anyone pick one of these up? I saw a couple write ups on them, and they look interesting. Been wanting a suppressed .22 handgun. Was leaning toward a Ruger, but then I saw this. LGS has ten on order, no idea when they will see them. Any thoughts on it would be appreicated.

Posts: 390 | Location: idaho | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fullmann
posted Hide Post
Every review I’ve seen or read says they are fantastic.

Posts: 412 | Location: Mid Michigan  | Registered: June 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FN 502. I've had one, black, for about 3 months. Took about 150 rounds to break in but now it seems to digest everything. Trigger is pretty good for plastic. It is SAO. I put a holsun on mine. Fairly accurate but not a target pistol.
No extra magazines available yet.

Posts: 1651 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rexles
posted Hide Post
I too have seen a couple write ups in gunmags for these.
I have 2 FN 509 midsize. And it is my EDC.
Thinking this may be a good addition to the herd.
Practising with .22 is cheaper for sure

NRA Life member
NRA Certified Instructor
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell

Posts: 1110 | Location: Holland, OH | Registered: May 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Use a 509 holster and perfect fit

Posts: 1651 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
One has yet to come into my LGS.
It will be mine when one does.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25337 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ksss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike56:
FN 502. I've had one, black, for about 3 months. Took about 150 rounds to break in but now it seems to digest everything. Trigger is pretty good for plastic. It is SAO. I put a holsun on mine. Fairly accurate but not a target pistol.
No extra magazines available yet.

Can you dial in "fairly accurate". Can you give me an idea on group size at a given distance?

Posts: 390 | Location: idaho | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Coldbore
posted Hide Post
My sales rep has one that I got to shoot, fantastic little pistol.

Posts: 1124 | Location: Pac NW | Registered: September 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 502 caught my eye looking for a 22 suppressor host. Any more feedback on these from the forum in a years time?

Posts: 153 | Registered: June 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Been wanting to dump my Mosquito, and the 502 looks perfect. Only question is do we know what the slide is made of? I've read steel, solid aluminum, and one source hinted it was ZAMAC.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice gun. Mine shoots well. Bought it to train a couple people to shoot.

Obviously not made by FN, but Umarex is fine for rimfires.

Posts: 1315 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrandPotter
posted Hide Post
I absolutely love the 502. I shoot it weekly and with a suppressor, the fun never stops.

It does not like segmenting 22's (i.e. Winchester Varmint HE or their Silvertips).

Everything else I have feed it (which is a lot of different types) has been 100%, and for a 22lr that is beyond amazing.

My number once favorite 22lr ammo is Federal PUNCH. I have gone through just under 2,000 rounds of it in my 502 and nothing but BANG!

Another favorite of mine is CCI AR Tactical 300 Round Boxes as they are less in price and also run flawlessly.

It loves both round nose and hollow points.

I have owned many 22's pistols but none have ate so much ammo with zero malfunctions.

One caveat, I never shoot lead bullets through my 22's so I can not attest to those.

ALL women should Conceal Carry.

Posts: 4599 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: January 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I wanna go home
Picture of jeeperxd
posted Hide Post
Here is my range report with the ammo i tried.
Pistol was brand new cleaned and lubricated.
It is was very accurate till my front sight got loose. It feels very comfortable and well made.
The suppressor I used is a Liberty Kodiak.
CCI mini mags 60 rds. unsuppressed No problems.
CCI standard 50rds. unsuppressed no problems.
AE 36GR. unsuppressed 5rds. 1 fte
AE40gr.6rds 6 fte
Fed.valu pac 30rds unsuppressed no problems
Fed.automatch 30rds.unsupressed 4 fte 1 ftf
Rem.225 30rds.unsupressed no problems
fed,lightning 5rds 5 fte
Armascorp standard 20rds suppressed no problems
Rem.thunderbolts 30rds suppressed no problems
AE45gr suppressor ammo 20 rds suppressed no problems

Posts: 1199 | Location: Pa | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post