SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig Lima 365 Laser
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Lima 365 Laser Login/Join 
posted
Sig is discounting the Lima 365 Laser more and more at assorted retailers. I am considering adding the Lima Laser to my 365 but don't know if I should buy now while it is increasingly cheaper, or wait to see what the new and improved model offers. Anytime a Sig product gets increasingly discounted you can almost count on a replacement lurking behind the corner! Anyone know the story?

Posts: 10 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Is it made in China?

Posts: 107461 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
1. You can be relatively sure it's made in China, but I'm not sure that is the problem here.

2. I've seen things around the web regarding design problems with the Lima and how difficult it is to reliably activate it.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6209 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If it's made in China, don't even consider hanging it off of your pistol.

Posts: 107461 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The web has had two main complaints on the Lima laser: 1) Some have had difficulty activating laser but admittedly most have not, and 2) you have to take the unit off and apart to change the battery. Those two complaints are what have me wondering if Sig is imminently getting ready to release a redesign.

Posts: 10 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
I have a green one on my P365. The switch can be difficult to activate. I find a tighter grip on my pistol to be an effective solution. As far as changing the batteries, the housing stays on your pistol, only the side plate covering the batteries is removed.

The packaging indicates they are assembled in the U.S. but not where the parts are made.

Welcome to the forum!

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post