SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Underwood +P+ in a P938 ??
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Underwood +P+ in a P938 ?? Login/Join 
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
i wouldnt shoot +p+ in a 3rd gen smith and wesson, much less a 938. the cons vastly outweigh the pro's

Posts: 7795 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redhookbklyn:
As a famous sportscaster used to say, “Whoa, Nellie!”

Keith *Blam* Jackson **BOOM!!**

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Modern JHP designs provide far better reliability in the way of expansion and penetration. I see no reason to use anything besides standard pressure loads with premium bullets designed for defensive purposes.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pulicords,

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am going out on a limb here in saying I am sure the OEM would not recommend +P+ ammo in any of there pistols. For That reason alone, I would not run +P+.

That said, I have run over 100 rounds of +P Federal HST through my P938 and countless NATO rounds. I replace the recoil springs every 500 rounds. I expect that the pistol'a frame life has been reduced. I am considering buying a replacement for that reason.

I would not run +P+ ammo through my P938.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no idea if the 938 is strong enough , but if you look at ballistics....+P+ in a short barrel is mostly just for show. Big bang, big muzzle flash...not enough barrel to actually see much increased velocity. JMO...

Posts: 1272 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post