SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Which gun fits your hand the best?
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which gun fits your hand the best? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
CZ 75
My hands are kind of weird though- fingers aren't overly long but big palms.

Posts: 770 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cokehockey
posted Hide Post
My P226 Legion fits my hand the best. It's not my favorite looking pistol, but she is ergonomic!

Posts: 102 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: February 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
PPQ and Steyr L9A1 but over time I’ve found some of the best shooting guns (for me) don’t always feel the best in my hand.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GP100. The original-pattern, (NOT Hogue!) factory grip fits each of my hands, perfectly, and the trigger is perfectly-shaped, and perfectly-positioned, for proper engagement with my trigger fingers, with no need for conscious thought. Not surprisingly, my best first-cold-shot potential, with no warm-up shots or dry-fire, is with the GP100.

Notably, the grip of the SP101 is a similarly superb fit, though, of course, the trigger reach is different. Perhaps some designer, who works, or worked, in the Eighties, for Ruger, has hands almost identical to mine?

For my left hand only, I recently discovered that the Glock Short Frame G30 pistols, and the Gen4 G30, with no adapters installed, were found to be truly excellent fits. I had noticed, in the past, that my hands were not identical, and the wear and tear of age has increased the differences. I had thought that my days of shooting compact Glocks were over, when the G19 became a torture device for my arthritic right hand, four years ago, prompting me to trade-away three G19 pistols, but these .45 Glocks fit my healthier left hand so well, and better than a G19 ever did, so, I bought one of each, G30s Short Frame, and Gen4 G30, as my left hand is becoming my better hand for compact auto-loaders. (I am fortunate in having been born left-handed, and right-armed, and functionally ambidextrous with most handguns. I chose to carry “primary” on the right side, in 1983.)

(My right hand can still tolerate 9mm Glocks with full-length “orthopedic” grips; the G17, G19x, and G45. The key seems to be that a grip frame must reach the “heel bone” of my right hand, to firmly stabilize the weapon, and to bridge over a particularly sensitive part of my hand, which the lower rear corner of a G19’s grip would jab, with each shot.)

Have Colts, will travel

Posts: 3188 | Location: SE Texas | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P226 Mk25 w/ stock grips
P225 w/ stock grips
P220 Carry w/ stock grips (replaced the E2 grips)
P320 Large grip module on P320 XC

Conserve Liberty, and the right of self-determination.

Posts: 57 | Location: The Flyover Part | Registered: September 02, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
My P225 (not the A1), and my P229 with Hogue G10's a very close second...

Posts: 4585 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Conserve Liberty:
quote:
Originally posted by Conserve Liberty:
P226 Mk25 w/ stock grips
P225 w/ stock grips
P220 Carry w/ stock grips (replaced the E2 grips)
P320 Large grip module on P320 XF

Conserve Liberty, and the right of self-determination.

Posts: 57 | Location: The Flyover Part | Registered: September 02, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig P245
Glock 19
S&W Model 59

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
1911s.

And the larger frame CZ and Tanfoglio.

Smith K and N frame revolvers, but that has more to do with the grip than anything.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
I have a bunch of nice fitting guns but I gotta say, my P365 that I just put a Grayguns XL grip module on, feels real good. I'm going roll with my homemade X for a while. Smile

Honorable mention to my Steyr M357-A1.

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Strangely enough the PPQ M1, that I traded in on a G45, that ended up not being as good as I thought, so I traded that in, on something...

Right now S&W 686 followed by S&W 29 are my best fit, followed by CZ P07, then Sig P200 SAO.

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
The original P225.

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been thinking this thread looked familiar. A different identity, but the same answer three years on. Still a G19/G23/G32 after all these years.

quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
It's more about which gun grip my hand just adapts to the best, rather than the opposite of the gun cosseting my paws: that would be the frame that I've shot the longest and the most, now 28 31 years+ on: the fugly, blocky compact size Glock...

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
1911 with a high cut, and a slimmed front strap. Deep Checkering with no dehorn.

My P22R/e2 would be second.

Posts: 99 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CZ P07

Posts: 13 | Registered: November 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CZ P-01/PCR

Posts: 27 | Location: Georgia | Registered: November 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Browning Hi Power, it’s like an extension of my hand.

Posts: 2059 | Location: Alabama  | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Any CZ.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8682 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
Didn't read all 12 pages, so forgive me if it's been mentioned before.
But the handgun the simply 'feels' best to hold? For me that'd be the Browning Hi-Power. Has to be the most ergonomic pistol ever designed.

When my Dad passed he left me his 'almost new' circa 1995 Sig P220, an early model with the sharp hammer spur and very narrow trigger. It's a very close second to the BHP.

Now that's just 'feel in the hand'. Actually firing them is a bit different, as I prefer hot ammo travelling around Mach 4. With loads like that, the BHP bites me without a ring hammer and with hot .45 the P220 barks and kicks a bit. So the winner would be a P226 in 9mm for great feel, manageable recoil even with pretty warm loads and over all comfort.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TexasRaider,

Posts: 801 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10195 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post