SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Which gun fits your hand the best?
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which gun fits your hand the best? Login/Join 
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
There are many that feel good in my hand, so here are my current favorites.

P320 (AXG & Wilson grip modules)
MK-25 P226
HK P2000
1911 (full-size)
S&W K&L frame (Round butt)

Posts: 2959 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Being a Glock guy, today’s it’s the model26/27.
But, back in the day… circa 1979, the S&W Model 39-2 was my first off duty semi automatic 9mm and it was the most comfortable firearm I ever wrapped my hand around.
Wood grips and that curved backstrap, yeah brother!

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and every one of them words rang true and glowed like burnin’ coal.
Picture of TannerBoyl
posted Hide Post
Out of the guns that I own, the Sig Pro SP2022 fits my hand best. Everything from the grip to the controls placement seems to be tailored to hand. It’s such a fantastic, budget friendly pistol!

Posts: 4594 | Location: Redondo Beach, California | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I am still liking my 239 with G2 grip when using the 10 shot magazine (either mag base but the rounded one is best)

I have two 239T but did get normal unthreaded barrels for both.

The 225A is not far behind.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CZ P07

Posts: 13 | Registered: November 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1998 Sig 228, followed closely by my 1994 West German 226. Might have to go back to them after using Gen 5 Glocks for a few years.

Posts: 4658 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P220 with Nill grips and PPQ with medium backstrap. It’s a toss up because they both fit equally well.

Posts: 177 | Registered: May 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1911's. No matter what "new" gun I become infatuated with, the 1911 is my favorite. They just fit my hand perfectly.

I recently picked up a Glock G43X. This dalliance may become permanent as it really fits my hand well. Plus it shoots great.

Lock N Load

Michael
USMC Ret

Posts: 1450 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I play the native american flute, and they're all different. It's said that you learn each one individually; play the one you've got in your hand.

I think firearms are the same. While far more consistent, it's not about the firearm fitting my hand, but about adapting to and learning to shoot the firearm. It's the indian, after all, and not the arrow.

Most handguns are fairly ergonomic, and most feel about the same to me. Some I shoot better, and that's a function of fundamentals; if I shoot one worse it's not that it doesn't fit my hand, it's that I haven't practiced my fundamentals enough with that firearm. It's me. It's not about finding one that fits my hand. It's about learning to shoot the one that's in my hand. I think it's more than nuance and semantics; it's about how you approach the firearm.

At his home range, Rob Leatham has a picture on a wall that says something about any firearm, any event; he doesn't focus on what fits his hand. He focuses on shooting it, regardless. Everything I have fits, big or small, and it's all made to be held. Whether my hand is big or small doesn't matter; it's about fundamentals and learning to shoot the pistol.

I'm certain the pistol won't be learning me, so I'll focus on learning the pistol, regardless of what it is. I have a long, long way to go.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I have large hands and the 226 fits mine perfectly.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me, the Browning High Power and the Smith & Wesson 39 fit my hand the best. However; my Classic Sig p229 with 40S&W, 357Sig and 9mm Bar-Sto barrels gets the most use.

Posts: 54 | Registered: January 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
For me, the Browning High Power

The Browning Hi-Power for me is #1. Every time I hold one or shoot one, I have that "this is what Arthur felt when he drew Excalibur out of the stone" moment. Utter perfection in my hand.

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
CZ,Browning,1911,Sig 210.FN 509, Like Glocks they don't work for me.

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rvbgtr
posted Hide Post
P320 with a Wilson carry length grip - 17rd mag flush fit.

Posts: 798 | Location: Treasure Coast, FL | Registered: June 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
My right hand is a ham, and quite a bit larger behind the thumb so I don't have the same reach on the right as the left.

Best unmodified, out of the box: Walther PPQ M1 with small backstrap.
Best with grips changed is a tie:

Sig P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 (short reach trigger and SRT standard) with Hogue Checkered G-10 grips feels like it is velcro'd to my hand and the trigger fits me perfectly with these grips.

Sig P239 / 40 with short reach trigger and SRT installed with CT laser grips. I'd keep these grips even if the laser was kaput. In combo with the trigger fits me perfectly.

All three are natural pointers for me. I love 'em.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7257 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
P225 (not the A1) and S&W K frame RB with Tyler T grip.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1859 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
9mm Staccato XL.

Posts: 1452 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greek
posted Hide Post
My P225 original and its partner german police P6.

"Besides the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation [where] the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms" James Madison, The Federalist, No 46

Posts: 179 | Location: VA | Registered: December 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My hands are painful as a result of arthritis. So, pistols and revolvers that fit me like glove 50 years ago (even 20) no longer feel so good, especially when I press the bang switch.

So, I find the P365XL feels pretty darned good, as does the Glock 42, 43 and 43X. Even the 19 feels more than okay.

If I had to pick the best feeling gun, from simply holding it to actually firing it, it'd be the 365XL. Something about it just...feels right, just feels good.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
KH P30 fits best but the trigger has too much curve and for some reason pinches my finger often.

As far as handguns that work best in practice, I'll agree with many who have said P220/P225.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post