SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Help w/rear sights for Sig 226 Elite Dark 9mm
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help w/rear sights for Sig 226 Elite Dark 9mm Login/Join 
posted
Recently purchased this gun from a coworker. Shot it and loved it. Bought it for $450 w/out case and sight adjustment tool...Did get 6 mags and threaded barrel though...Wasn’t aware of the problems with the sights on the Elite Dark series before purchase. Checked the history through Sig and the gun was manufactured in 2013. It appears that the previous owner/owners didn’t shoot it much as there is very little wear showing for a 6 year old gun. I’ve put about 100 rounds through it and the sights seem good to go. Would you guys recommend having sights replaced or let it be? I’ve reached out to Sig about the sight adjustment tool but haven’t heard back from them. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bwhitt03,

Posts: 55 | Location: AL | Registered: March 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't worry about it until you have a problem or want to change them for a different reason.

Posts: 351 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Dawson Precision has a nice selection of sights for the Elite Dark models. Check their web site.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Please be more specific in the title of your thread beyond the model of weapon. Put the reason you're posting the thread, in the title.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post