SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CCA MCK for home defense or just range toy?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CCA MCK for home defense or just range toy? Login/Join 
posted
I am contemplating buying a CCA MCK for my M17 or 365 xl but if it is just a cheap plastic piece that is not a really a Quality accessory , then I will use my limited funds for more ammo or even training. Any suggestions?

Posts: 13 | Location: Charleston SC | Registered: July 15, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
CCA MCK

?

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13 | Location: Charleston SC | Registered: July 15, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I don't really know what to make of this. I can tell you it doesn't make sense for me. If I want a pistol and a carbine in the same cartridge - a 150-year-old concept that is not without validity - I'd rather have a dedicated pistol and PCC. Actually, I think I'd prefer a shotgun over a PCC for home defense.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd say range toy but that's me. For home defense, it's a shotgun.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vaejoviscarolinanus:
https://caagearup.com/product/sig-p365/

I'll be darned... CAA resurrected the KPOS... only now it's for the P365 line. What's old is new again.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Toy. Wouldn't waste my money on it. Why would you want to make things complicated for a HD firearm?

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will admit I was dumb enough to buy one of these for a Glock years ago. I finally sold it this year at a big loss. They are moronic. Don't waste your money.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I happened by a gun show booth that was selling them. After seeing the quality and the silly paint jobs like the abstract-painting-style splatter and the shark teeth, I am now firmly in the "toy" camp.

posted Hide Post
A guy here schmoozed his way into IDPA PCC with one of these, Glock variety.

I don't know what his basic ability is but he was not keeping up with decent pistol shooters.

Posts: 3278 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought one for my Glock 19. Installed a red dot. It functions fine. I was hoping that it would improve my accuracy in the 25-50 yards range, but I don't think it really helped that.
It did make it easier to shoot quickly and maintain accuracy at shorter ranges in my experience.
I could imagine that it could be useful for home defense, but it was just a range toy for me.
YMMV...

Posts: 1264 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Range Toy. Spend the $300 on ammo and / or training.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I would just get a pcc or ar pistol and call it a day.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
I would just get a pcc or ar pistol and call it a day.

I agree! Will cost more initially, but you will end up with a better set up. JMO...

Posts: 1264 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post