SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P224 Magazine Extension/Sleeve Alternatives
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P224 Magazine Extension/Sleeve Alternatives Login/Join 
posted
I recently picked up a SIG P224 in 9mm, and I’m in the process of trying to source magazine extensions for it. However, this seems nigh impossible. The only game in town looks to be THESE, but from what I’ve read, their fit and finish is a bit hit or miss.

Anyway, does anyone know of any alternative options for extending the magazine on a P224, either through a sleeve or magazine extension to achieve a full grip on it?

Posts: 7 | Registered: December 02, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
See if this helps. From a 2012 Rifleman review.

"Either a P226 or P229 magazine will fit into and function in the short-butt P224. I tried all three types in my sample P224 with no problems."

Link:
https://www.americanrifleman.o...-the-sig-sauer-p224/

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
I have been using the X-grips on my various compact and sub-compact guns for the last few decades. Before today I had never heard of that SW company or blasterbits

Cheap 3D printers have lots of people making lots of stuff these days. I would be concerned about how hard/soft the material was and how it interacts with powder solvents. Not to mention the high price

X-grips have always been about half that price. You will probably have to contact the manufacturer since the pistol has been discontinued for a while. See if the can help you with old stock, or get some run in a future production

I can not locate any pictures with my P224 and X-grips. Here are some with HK and S&W pistols

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post