SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Staccato 9mm 20 rdn mags?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Staccato 9mm 20 rdn mags? Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone knows of a good source that have some in stock?, I been searching high and low but can't find them in stock. any help will be appreciated thanks.

Posts: 929 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I bought half a dozen of the 17 and 20 rd 9mm Staccato mags a couple of months ago at Dawson's,they had plenty, but they are now out of the 20s, same with Staccato.

Don't know where you live, but the folks in Washington are under a July 1 deadline to get their std cap mags before the ban takes effect. It is safe to assume that they are buying up more than usual numbers of magazines right now.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They seem to come and go in waves. Per Staccato the priority for magazines is filling gun orders first and then having surplus available for purchase. I would take a look at Triarc, also. Their mags appear to be made by the same OEM as Staccato (identical markings, followers, etc.

They are currently out of stock but it's worth being on their notification list.

https://www.triarcsystems.com/...1-platform-magazine/

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, WA State is currently trying our damndest to corner the market on 10+ capacity magazines before we can't. Just went out and bought a batch of 13rd Shield+ mags myself...and I don't even own the gun (yet).

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Overall what is the best magazine to use 17 or 20 rdn in a 2011?

posted Hide Post
Either is fine as long as they are sprung right.

The Gen 2 (and later) STI/Staccato mags are probably the best value given their fair price and good reliability. Triarc's mags appear to be made by the same OEM as Staccato but can generally be had cheaper. The latest Staccato mags include aluminum base plates while the Triarc ones (and earlier Staccato and STI) are plastic

There are other magazines out there that are reliable, but run over $100.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just ordered 3 20 rdn magazines, I probably will order a couple more 17 rounders. 8 magazines should be a good start.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I prefer the 17 rd Staccato mags for my P, even though I have a few of the 20s. These mags work great, I've had zero problems with them so far.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was able to find some 17's, I did pick up a couple and they had close to 70 in stock and they are going fast.

posted Hide Post
I've purchased Staccato mags (all the way up to 170mm) from Staccato, Dawson and Brazos Custom.

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post