SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P220 Compact SAS for Concealed Carry Opinions?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P220 Compact SAS for Concealed Carry Opinions? Login/Join 
posted
I'm looking at a Sig P220 Compact SAS for concealed carry and was looking for opinions?

http://www.pkfirearms.com/sig-...5-acp-220co-45-sas2b

I know if only has 6+1, but that's fine for me as a non LEO or security person.
I also realize, it's fairly big compared to my Shield 45 and offers the same capacity, but it is a Sig and DA/SA which I prefer in a CCW situation.
Opinions, suggestions, comments, advise??

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where are you located in VA?
I have the standard 220 Compact but not the SAS.

I can let you give it a try.
I always wanted a P245 but could never find one. One day I was at the Police Supply Store and seen they had just got a decent quantity of 220 compacts in during a Police trade.

I thought for $435 what the heck.
I think it is rather bulky and heavy for a CCW.

I think I shot it twice and threw it in the safe.
You are more than welcome to try it.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am located in Virginia Beach

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like previously posted.
Kinda Big, heavy, but very accurate and reliable, Ok very reliable. The 220 compact lends itself to CCW.
But can also serve for range and a class or such.
Add standard mags with the grip extensions.

Good pistol, great pistol especially if you plan on pairing it with a FS or carry down the road

I recently sold a 1911 and was planning on a FS 220 ideally a 227sas carry but these are few and far between. So a 220 carry or maybe a 220R may be the ticket.
If a great priced 220 compact came along I think it would be an awesome addition.

Posts: 276 | Registered: February 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you want it and they have it in stock get it.

It may be the last time you see it for sale as Sig has discontinued the 220 compact.

Posts: 12704 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
Keep in mind that you can find a barely used P245 for around $600-$650. I'd go that route and pocket the extra $300. It's every bit as good, if not better. I don't think they're difficult to find online.

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My P245 in a Milt Sparks VM-2 IWB holster is my EDC whenever the weather gets cold(several months each year in Missouri) and many times when the weather is not cold. It fits my hand and is easy to carry and shoot. While some think it is big and heavy, I don’t find that a problem with a good belt/ holster combination. Besides, those seven 230 gr HP are big and heavy when they come out the barrel, which is why I carry it. And unlike many carry options I have tried over the years, the Sig classic P-series(and the P245 in particular) are rounded enough without the SAS treatment that they do not dig into my spare tire when carrying, unlike more “blocky” guns.

If a striker fired gun is an option,try the P320 Compact in 45 ACP- tiny bit bigger(but still easy to conceal) and has 3 more rounds. I carry full size 10 rds mags for backup. I understand if you prefer the DA/SA option instead.

A superior pilot is best defined as one who uses his superior judgment to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.

Posts: 369 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post