SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P6 red training pistols- reactivate?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P6 red training pistols- reactivate? Login/Join 
Picture of roys101
posted
Hi. Will simply replacing the bbl of a red P6 trainer return it to useable live firing status, or has it been deactivated beyond plugging the bbl? Thanks.

Posts: 38 | Location: Florence, Oregon, USA | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
If I recall correctly, the entire slide would need to be replaced. I know they blocked the barrel, and drilled through the chamber, but I thought they also blocked/de-milled the breech face?

From what I remember, the trigger components were left untouched, but I would go through it carefully as these were dry-fired more than most pistols were ever shot, and I'd want to be sure the springs and pins were in good shape.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3355 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of roys101
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I was afraid that they had been neutered beyond ruining the bbl. Unhappy face.

Posts: 38 | Location: Florence, Oregon, USA | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A couple of years back another member bought one and re-did it into a functional gun. I dont recall who it was and my search did not find the info. The gun he re-did was a training pistol too. Not a Simunitions mod gun. Maybe he will chime in.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16110 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
While I've never had a chance to actually handle on of these guns myself, I believe they also de-milled the breech blocks. I've seen these online ( https://www.ebay.com/itm/Demil...ainers-/272788369955). Not sure if they did anything else to the slide, or if a simple breech-block replacement would make it serviceable, but it looks like you'd definitely be looking at more than just a barrel swap.

Posts: 8616 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Red P6 had a milled cut on the side of the frame that would crack the frame in half if a live slide and functional breach block were used.

Could it be made to work...sure, the issue is your technical skills welding and aluminum patch and obtaining the correct parts and a functional slide.

It may be cheaper to buy a used P6.

18Z50

Posts: 368 | Location: North Coast | Registered: October 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18Z50:
The Red P6 had a milled cut on the side of the frame that would crack the frame in half if a live slide and functional breach block were used.

Dang, sounds like they were serious!

Posts: 6922 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post