SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta 92F Compact...new sights
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 92F Compact...new sights Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
So I sent my 1980's vintage 92F Compact to Wilson Combat for new sights. While it was there I picked up a set of WC grips...I'll say I'm impressed...now I'm saving up for to send my 92FS for more of a workover...

Posts: 1970 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Nice. I really like the grips. I just picked up a newer Beretta 92fs compact and really love the gun. I’d like one without the rail but prefer the newer vertec grip. Yours is beautiful.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15259 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Had my 92 sb done also by Wilson, really happy with what they did

Posts: 2310 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Money well spent.

Posts: 13819 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Looking good!
Wilson does excellent work.
I had them do my M9A1 and may send my Compact in as well.

Posts: 12544 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
Same here. WC did a complete workover on my M9A1 & my Inox compact.
I went with the WC "battlesight" as I prefer a U notch to the square.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 707 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did it myself but I bought the WC battlesight and the Ameriglo pro glo which looks like what you have but with a squared off rear sight vice the U. I love the combo and it is a great upgrade to your gun. Nice looking gun.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Very nice OP! You guys are killing me with these 92 Compact threads. LGS just got in a 92x compact, and the only things keeping me from trading a really nice used Smith revolver towards it are that I know they won't give me anywhere near what the Smith is worth, and the Beretta they have in stock has that stupid rail.

Posts: 8650 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
I get the love for the traditional look of the 92. (my FS Centurion is smooth) but I like the rail which is odd because I don't mount anything on it.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 707 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Delta-3:
I get the love for the traditional look of the 92. (my FS Centurion is smooth) but I like the rail which is odd because I don't mount anything on it.

It's not the appearance of the rail that bothers me...I just don't like how it interfaces with holsters, especially leather ones. I don't like that cheese-grater out front tearing up leather or getting hung up on stuff on the draw. It's not a total deal-breaker, but I'd prefer it without.

My plan for this gun, if I get it, is to turn it into an optimized Beretta carry gun. I'd do all the upgrades to it that I don't want to subject my classic full-size 92FS to. I want a 92x trigger, a single-sided, decocker-only "G" lever, and would swap out the trigger parts with some stuff from LTT. Not sure about sights yet... definitely some kind of night-sight. I really like the feel of the 92x grip.

The ideal starting point for me would be a 92x compact without the rail. It's in the catalog, but I've never seen one in person.

Posts: 8650 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hear you but....

As a long time 92 guy I surprised the heck out of myself by how much I prefer the Vertec grip. I never liked the looks and I’m fine with the regular 92. Once I picked it up (a Centurion) I instantly knew I was now a Vertec convert. I then quickly got a 92X Compact as well. I proceeded to do everything you said except I went with the standard 2 sided G conversion. Full LTT TJIAB, WC Battlesight and Ameriglo PRoGlo front. Not the Spartan. The Spartan is .140 while the proglo is .125 which I much prefer combined with the U notch WC.

I own a couple WC leather/kydex hybrid holsters. They fit the rails and non rails without issue. I need to check my Safariland ALS but I’m pretty sure it works as well.

I wouldn’t worry about it catching on a draw. I used my LTT for matches and nothing slowed me down but my lack of skill.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pedropcola,

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
You're not helping, lol. I'm going to end up trading away that Model 66, and someday I'm going to regret it! I probably ought to just be patient, save my pennies, and watch for a deal.

posted Hide Post
If it’s a pre lock please don’t trade it. My bil had one as his first sidearm and I got to shoot it and fell in love. They will always make 92’s, classics S&W not so much. Sell a kidney instead.

Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Delta-3:

Yeah I want one without the rail just for the looks. I’m quite happy with 92x with the rail and after shooting it a lot over the last couple months I’m getting a light and a holster for it.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15259 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
If it’s a pre lock please don’t trade it. My bil had one as his first sidearm and I got to shoot it and fell in love. They will always make 92’s, classics S&W not so much. Sell a kidney instead.

It is. It's a -4, and a very nice gun, which is the only reason I still have it. Practically speaking, it doesn't do anything any better than my 4" GP100, and if I'm completely honest, it's actually inferior in several ways. But it's really pretty, they don't make them like that anymore, and they're still making the Berettas, so there's no rush. Maybe if I wait long enough they'll release another batch of the non-railed ones.

As to selling a kidney...do you know anybody who'd take a pancreas instead? Mine doesn't work right anyway Big Grin!

Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
I have a OWB leather holster from wrightleatherworks.com It's shown no wear inside or out carrying my Inox compact w/rail for awhile now.

Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I traded a Sig p250 with laser to a friend of mine for a 92f compact and then decided to dress it up too:

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I also acquired a 92F from someone that passed that I want to trick out. For sights, is Wilson Combat the only game in town for this or is tooltech still installing NS?

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12650 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
I also acquired a 92F from someone that passed that I want to trick out. For sights, is Wilson Combat the only game in town for this or is tooltech still installing NS?
. Not sure but Wilson’s work is top notch.

Posts: 1970 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A guy named WAL on the other forum does it. I have one done by him. He’s cheaper and faster.