SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I Got This S&W 64-4 Yesterday
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Got This S&W 64-4 Yesterday Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted
A good friend coworker I have worked with for 15 years bought a new Glock and didn't want to sell his revolver to just anyone, so he just gave it to me as he knows I will give it a good home.

I absolutely love the boot grips over the factory magna grips.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34105 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Wow. That is an amazing looking piece.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7674 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
That's a great friend.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1552 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love the old S&W revolvers.

Posts: 270 | Location: Iowa | Registered: April 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
Some Friend! Safe shooting.

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1630 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
That’s excellent - congratulations!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice Smith & a GREAT friend you have there! Those Ahrends Grips are nice, too, and since Mr. Ahrends isn't making them any more, they'll probably be collectibles before too long...

Posts: 645 | Location: Griffin, GA, USA | Registered: November 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!!

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 704 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very handsome revolver.

Posts: 636 | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was expecting a 4”. That snubby is nice and I agree on the grips.

Posts: 568 | Location: Beaumont TX | Registered: March 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice.
Surprised no one picked up Ahrends grips after he shut down.

Posts: 1659 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mars… that is just the epitome of beautiful, I am a huge fan of the boot grips. Very very nice.

Posts: 453 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Wonderful gift from a good friend, but if he didn't need cash to finance a new Glock, why sell or give away the revolver? Confused

Posts: 15885 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
He just didn't want it to sit around.

We have been good friends for a long time.

He's way past retirement and none of his children want the guns or reloading equipment.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34105 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a nice revolver. As for not selling, I kind of understand. I have more than I need, only one of my 4 kids cares about guns so I gave my nephew a like new G43 that sees no action since I found 365’s.

Felt good, cost me nothing.

Posts: 7446 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I'm not a revolver guy, but that's a nice revolver. Smith needs to have something like that (6 shot well concealable snubbie with a two finger boot grip) in it's current line.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
That's a beauty! I'm a big fan of Snubbies and boot grips...it makes for a gun you can take anywhere. I dont have a K-Frame snubby yet, though...probably shouldn't have opened this because now I want one Big Grin.

I just picked up a 3" Model 60 yesterday...it's going to end up replacing my 3" SP101 that will go to my brother. I love that Ruger, but the Smith is even more svelte and shoots just as well. It breaks my heart to part with the SP101, but I just can't justify keeping both.

The first thing I did when I got the 60 home was to order a set of factory boot grips to replace the 3-finger combat style grip. I'm a big fan of the S&W factory rubber round butt boot grips...they provide good grip purchase while maintaining a very concealable profile.

Posts: 8534 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
A most excellent pistol choice Mars! It is one of my very favorite S&W models and has protected my wife of 41 years as well as my daughter her family. Shown is #4 of this model I have had over 47 years.

It is a 64-2; shipped 9/81. The Craig Spegel Bolivian Rosewood boot grips I bought from the man himself at a long ago SHOT Show. This one goes in the box with me!

Posts: 4020 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent, excellent, excellent!!!

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z06:
Shown is #4 of this model I have had over 47 years.

Excellent, yours is as filthy as mine!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!