SIGforum
I have fallen down the HK black hole...

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/6920081225

September 17, 2026, 05:05 AM
bac1023
I have fallen down the HK black hole...
quote:
Originally posted by Vaftocr:
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
The HK Hole is a good place to be. Speaking of holes.....CA seems to be the leader of that pack when it comes to firearms. You have my sincerest condolences!

Well said. OP, I know this is an Sig forum, and I do own a few Sigs. However, I find HKs to be the finest of pistols. I like my VP9 the best of all my striker fired pistols. They are all similar though. It is there hammer fired guns that I truly love. I can’t wait to finally get the USP 45. They are my favorites. I even like it more than the Beretta 92, which is a great hammer fired steel weapon.

The Beretta 92 is not a steel weapon….at least not the standard guns.
September 17, 2026, 01:21 PM
Dusty78
quote:
Originally posted by bac1023:
quote:
Originally posted by Vaftocr:
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
The HK Hole is a good place to be. Speaking of holes.....CA seems to be the leader of that pack when it comes to firearms. You have my sincerest condolences!

Well said. OP, I know this is an Sig forum, and I do own a few Sigs. However, I find HKs to be the finest of pistols. I like my VP9 the best of all my striker fired pistols. They are all similar though. It is there hammer fired guns that I truly love. I can’t wait to finally get the USP 45. They are my favorites. I even like it more than the Beretta 92, which is a great hammer fired steel weapon.

The Beretta 92 is not a steel weapon….at least not the standard guns.


It’s crazy you can get the all steel guns for $750 right now




_______________________________________________
Use thumb-size bullets to create fist-size holes.
September 17, 2026, 05:02 PM
bac1023
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
quote:
Originally posted by bac1023:
quote:
Originally posted by Vaftocr:
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
The HK Hole is a good place to be. Speaking of holes.....CA seems to be the leader of that pack when it comes to firearms. You have my sincerest condolences!

Well said. OP, I know this is an Sig forum, and I do own a few Sigs. However, I find HKs to be the finest of pistols. I like my VP9 the best of all my striker fired pistols. They are all similar though. It is there hammer fired guns that I truly love. I can’t wait to finally get the USP 45. They are my favorites. I even like it more than the Beretta 92, which is a great hammer fired steel weapon.

The Beretta 92 is not a steel weapon….at least not the standard guns.


It’s crazy you can get the all steel guns for $750 right now



Yep

Even though I don’t like optics, I do like the deals on non-optic ready models. I’m glad I still remember how to use irons
September 17, 2026, 07:54 PM
Vaftocr
The Beretta 92 is not a steel weapon….at least not the standard guns.[/QUOTE]
Yes, steel and alloy is more correct. My inference was more based on it not being run of the mill polymer.
September 18, 2026, 09:42 AM
bcjwriter
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
quote:
Originally posted by bac1023:
quote:
Originally posted by Vaftocr:
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
The HK Hole is a good place to be. Speaking of holes.....CA seems to be the leader of that pack when it comes to firearms. You have my sincerest condolences!

Well said. OP, I know this is an Sig forum, and I do own a few Sigs. However, I find HKs to be the finest of pistols. I like my VP9 the best of all my striker fired pistols. They are all similar though. It is there hammer fired guns that I truly love. I can’t wait to finally get the USP 45. They are my favorites. I even like it more than the Beretta 92, which is a great hammer fired steel weapon.

The Beretta 92 is not a steel weapon….at least not the standard guns.


It’s crazy you can get the all steel guns for $750 right now



I really wish we could get those here in California.



September 18, 2026, 10:02 AM
V-Tail
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:

It’s crazy you can get the all steel guns for $750 right now
What model(s) are we looking at in your photo?



הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
September 18, 2026, 01:17 PM
94hokie
This thread prompted me to root through the safe to see the various H&K's I have. Turns out I guess I have a habit. I've got 2 P2000sk's (one DA/SA, one LEM), two P30sk's (one DA/SA, one LEM), two P30's (one DA/SA, one LEM), a P2000, a USPc45, a USPc9 and two P7 PSP's. The LEM P30sk is my usual carry, that's a very under-rated gun in my opinion.
September 18, 2026, 01:40 PM
Dusty78
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:

It’s crazy you can get the all steel guns for $750 right now
What model(s) are we looking at in your photo?


Beretta 92X Performance (railed) and 92X Defensive (non-railed.) The Defensive is currently $950 with a $200 rebate.


_______________________________________________
Use thumb-size bullets to create fist-size holes.
September 20, 2026, 05:43 PM
sgalczyn
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
A HK45 Tactical awaits me at the Cabelas counter - just came in.

Points - points baby - free to me

Took it to the range yesterday----only had time for a box of 50.
Sweet shooter - but the 1st DA trigger pull----Sheesh.
Is an LEM kit the best/only fix?


"No matter where you go - there you are"
September 21, 2026, 02:40 PM
Dusty78
My black hole pick ups today (USP Elite 45 with Merkle Weight, and VP9B police over run gun.)




_______________________________________________
Use thumb-size bullets to create fist-size holes.
September 26, 2026, 03:24 PM
WRAM1
I fell down that same hole and am still here with no real intention of leaving.
September 27, 2026, 09:00 AM
tsig
I've fallen in the HK hole years back and somehow climbed out it it. Late last year I got really bad HK itch that require a scratch. I couldn't stop scratching the itch so here they are. MK 23, USP 45 tactical, USP 40, HK 45C, (2)-VP9. I need help and maybe see a specialist.
September 29, 2026, 06:53 PM
c_zielsdorf



Disabled combat vet
September 30, 2026, 08:30 PM
bcjwriter
So, after shooting all 4...heres some impressions...

P2000 - my pick for a compact 9mm...
P2000SK, great CCW, carry it opten, especially for appendix
VP9A1-F. Amazing gun with the optic, shoots like a dream and im using it right now for competition. Amazing trigger and ergos...
VP9K - it's ok, and has all the high quality that you expect from HK. But I prefer the P2000 (I know I'm sick that way...). Also, there are so many other good pistols in this category, it has a lot of competition to fight...)