SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I have fallen down the HK black hole...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
I have fallen down the HK black hole... Login/Join 
Member
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
So, it started harmlessly enough...a sale on the recently discontinued P2000SK in 9mm begat my first. Then I reclaimed (re-begat...?) an earlier sold P2000 with an OD frame. Now I sold off a few guns and it begat a VP9A1 F and VP9A1 K... (the HK Begatitudes...)

Now first off, the quality and over-engineering of the HK is amazing. I really love the guns, including the paddle release - I know, there must be a story of me being dropped on my head as a child. Currently, my state doesn't have the CC9 or VP9CC available yet, but of that VP9CC comes onto our roster I'll be grabbing one too. A USP Compact in 9 or 45 is also something I want to get.

Anyone else in the rabbit hole with me?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bcjwriter,



 
Posts: 1995 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Yup, I sold a couple that I wasn’t married to over the summer.. but there’s usually a few in the safe at any given time. Currently just a P2000 and a P30sk. I’m on the hunt for a VP9cc as well.


"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...
 
Posts: 7509 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I fell down the same hole years ago. Then, I managed to climb out of it. Razz


Q






 
Posts: 31461 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
I have four and love them all. A USPc 45 with a stainless steel slide, HK 45c, P30 SKS, and VP9cc. I currently carry the VP9cc most of the time. It shoots great!
 
Posts: 7129 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of wacopolumbo
posted Hide Post
Oh, I’ve been there. Currently only one though, a VP9 that’s in the bedside safe.


Regards,
Waco

Learning from my mistakes since 1974...
 
Posts: 1738 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: July 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
A HK45 Tactical awaits me at the Cabelas counter - just came in.

Points - points baby - free to me


"No matter where you go - there you are"
 
Posts: 4940 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
TANSTAAFL
posted Hide Post
I’ve fallen in the same hole. Lately been on a da/sa kick. Three of my last four pistol purchases were HK. A USP45, HK45C and a P30SK.
 
Posts: 774 | Location: Burlington, NC | Registered: June 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I also fell down the hole years ago and have mostly found my way out. I have a P2000, P2000SK, along with a USP9SD Tactical still in the safe. Those three are here to stay but at one point I had nine HKs in the armory. I like the CC9 and probably would like the VP9CC but I am too vested in other platforms and don’t want to add another magazine to the inventory.


_________________________
"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last” - Winston Churchil
 
Posts: 3380 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Para doesn’t like “rabbit hole”, especially in thread titles.
I advise a revision. Smile

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...935/m/8140069605/p/1



Serious about crackers.
 
Posts: 11810 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post



"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965
 
Posts: 19697 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Don't fight it! Life is too short to get less than top notch guns.


No, Google is not my friend.
 
Posts: 434 | Registered: April 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I dig me some hammer fired HK's. The striker HK's (barring the P7) just never seem to do it for me, I'd just prefer a Glock or Walther in that realm.


Take Care, Shoot Safe,
Chris
 
Posts: 8795 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I like HK’s as well, although I stick with a select few. The everyday stuff doesn’t do much for me, but I love their higher end models, both past and present.

 
Posts: 1685 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
The VP9 Match is amazing.

I sold a Northern Lights edition to a collector who already had one.

I mean, you just can't live with only one.


-------
Trying to simplify my life...
 
Posts: 6300 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
Here in Cali there are so few striker fired guns allowed without a thumb / manual safety. I tried both the P226, an Echelon, and the VP9 Match...you can guess which one won...



 
Posts: 1995 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
The HK Hole is a good place to be. Speaking of holes.....CA seems to be the leader of that pack when it comes to firearms. You have my sincerest condolences!
 
Posts: 2103 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted Hide Post
I have.
USP45C
Two VP9
VP9SK


___________________________
"Opinions vary" -Dalton
 
Posts: 1772 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Well, sort of. The hole closed before I got through.

I'm in Kali like you. Was eying a USP 45 compact the range I was going to had. Dithered around too long, and now the USP has been booted from the roster, and the range is gone to boot (a woeness tale for another time).

I suppose I may find a private party selling one sometime, but I'm really choosy about who I will buy from.
 
Posts: 61 | Registered: June 15, 2025Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
The HK Hole is a good place to be. Speaking of holes.....CA seems to be the leader of that pack when it comes to firearms. You have my sincerest condolences!

Well said. OP, I know this is a Sig forum, and I do own a few Sigs. However, I find HKs to be the finest of pistols. I like my VP9 the best of all my striker fired pistols. They are all similar though. It is there hammer fired guns that I truly love. I can’t wait to finally get the USP 45. They are my favorites. I even like it more than the Beretta 92, which is a great hammer fired steel weapon.
 
Posts: 240 | Location: Southeast Georgia  | Registered: February 04, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:
Here in Cali there are so few striker fired guns allowed without a thumb / manual safety. I tried both the P226, an Echelon, and the VP9 Match...you can guess which one won...

California just sucks. I’m glad I can go to the range and not have the magazine limits y’all have. That would so deplete the fun out of shooting. I love my Ruger MarkIV but it would be way more fun if it had a larger capacity.
 
Posts: 240 | Location: Southeast Georgia  | Registered: February 04, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I have fallen down the HK black hole...

© SIGforum 2026