SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I have fallen down the HK black hole...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
I have fallen down the HK black hole... Login/Join 
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vaftocr:
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
The HK Hole is a good place to be. Speaking of holes.....CA seems to be the leader of that pack when it comes to firearms. You have my sincerest condolences!

Well said. OP, I know this is an Sig forum, and I do own a few Sigs. However, I find HKs to be the finest of pistols. I like my VP9 the best of all my striker fired pistols. They are all similar though. It is there hammer fired guns that I truly love. I can’t wait to finally get the USP 45. They are my favorites. I even like it more than the Beretta 92, which is a great hammer fired steel weapon.

The Beretta 92 is not a steel weapon….at least not the standard guns.
 
Posts: 1685 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bac1023:
quote:
Originally posted by Vaftocr:
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
The HK Hole is a good place to be. Speaking of holes.....CA seems to be the leader of that pack when it comes to firearms. You have my sincerest condolences!

Well said. OP, I know this is an Sig forum, and I do own a few Sigs. However, I find HKs to be the finest of pistols. I like my VP9 the best of all my striker fired pistols. They are all similar though. It is there hammer fired guns that I truly love. I can’t wait to finally get the USP 45. They are my favorites. I even like it more than the Beretta 92, which is a great hammer fired steel weapon.

The Beretta 92 is not a steel weapon….at least not the standard guns.


It’s crazy you can get the all steel guns for $750 right now



_______________________________________________
Use thumb-size bullets to create fist-size holes.
 
Posts: 13228 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
quote:
Originally posted by bac1023:
quote:
Originally posted by Vaftocr:
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
The HK Hole is a good place to be. Speaking of holes.....CA seems to be the leader of that pack when it comes to firearms. You have my sincerest condolences!

Well said. OP, I know this is an Sig forum, and I do own a few Sigs. However, I find HKs to be the finest of pistols. I like my VP9 the best of all my striker fired pistols. They are all similar though. It is there hammer fired guns that I truly love. I can’t wait to finally get the USP 45. They are my favorites. I even like it more than the Beretta 92, which is a great hammer fired steel weapon.

The Beretta 92 is not a steel weapon….at least not the standard guns.


It’s crazy you can get the all steel guns for $750 right now



Yep

Even though I don’t like optics, I do like the deals on non-optic ready models. I’m glad I still remember how to use irons
 
Posts: 1685 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
The Beretta 92 is not a steel weapon….at least not the standard guns.[/QUOTE]
Yes, steel and alloy is more correct. My inference was more based on it not being run of the mill polymer.
 
Posts: 240 | Location: Southeast Georgia  | Registered: February 04, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
quote:
Originally posted by bac1023:
quote:
Originally posted by Vaftocr:
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
The HK Hole is a good place to be. Speaking of holes.....CA seems to be the leader of that pack when it comes to firearms. You have my sincerest condolences!

Well said. OP, I know this is an Sig forum, and I do own a few Sigs. However, I find HKs to be the finest of pistols. I like my VP9 the best of all my striker fired pistols. They are all similar though. It is there hammer fired guns that I truly love. I can’t wait to finally get the USP 45. They are my favorites. I even like it more than the Beretta 92, which is a great hammer fired steel weapon.

The Beretta 92 is not a steel weapon….at least not the standard guns.


It’s crazy you can get the all steel guns for $750 right now



I really wish we could get those here in California.



 
Posts: 1995 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:

It’s crazy you can get the all steel guns for $750 right now
What model(s) are we looking at in your photo?



הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
 
Posts: 33816 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
This thread prompted me to root through the safe to see the various H&K's I have. Turns out I guess I have a habit. I've got 2 P2000sk's (one DA/SA, one LEM), two P30sk's (one DA/SA, one LEM), two P30's (one DA/SA, one LEM), a P2000, a USPc45, a USPc9 and two P7 PSP's. The LEM P30sk is my usual carry, that's a very under-rated gun in my opinion.
 
Posts: 1783 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:

It’s crazy you can get the all steel guns for $750 right now
What model(s) are we looking at in your photo?


Beretta 92X Performance (railed) and 92X Defensive (non-railed.) The Defensive is currently $950 with a $200 rebate.


_______________________________________________
Use thumb-size bullets to create fist-size holes.
 
Posts: 13228 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
A HK45 Tactical awaits me at the Cabelas counter - just came in.

Points - points baby - free to me

Took it to the range yesterday----only had time for a box of 50.
Sweet shooter - but the 1st DA trigger pull----Sheesh.
Is an LEM kit the best/only fix?


"No matter where you go - there you are"
 
Posts: 4940 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
My black hole pick ups today (USP Elite 45 with Merkle Weight, and VP9B police over run gun.)



_______________________________________________
Use thumb-size bullets to create fist-size holes.
 
Posts: 13228 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I fell down that same hole and am still here with no real intention of leaving.
 
Posts: 145 | Location: GA | Registered: April 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of tsig
posted Hide Post
I've fallen in the HK hole years back and somehow climbed out it it. Late last year I got really bad HK itch that require a scratch. I couldn't stop scratching the itch so here they are. MK 23, USP 45 tactical, USP 40, HK 45C, (2)-VP9. I need help and maybe see a specialist.
 
Posts: 723 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: October 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of c_zielsdorf
posted Hide Post


Disabled combat vet
 
Posts: 1436 | Location: WY | Registered: February 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
So, after shooting all 4...heres some impressions...

P2000 - my pick for a compact 9mm...
P2000SK, great CCW, carry it opten, especially for appendix
VP9A1-F. Amazing gun with the optic, shoots like a dream and im using it right now for competition. Amazing trigger and ergos...
VP9K - it's ok, and has all the high quality that you expect from HK. But I prefer the P2000 (I know I'm sick that way...). Also, there are so many other good pistols in this category, it has a lot of competition to fight...)



 
Posts: 1995 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I have fallen down the HK black hole...

© SIGforum 2026