SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Icarus Precision frame for 365?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Icarus Precision frame for 365? Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted
I have a friend who recommended I look at Icarus Precision A.C.E. aluminum frames for the Sig 365. They have one called the X MaCRO and one called the XL EVO. I have a CA-legal 365 with manual safety, the EVO can be had with the manual safety notch for $10.

They have been out of stock for a long time; just got an e-mail that one can pre-order starting 2/1 2100 PST, with a lead time of 3-4 months.

Does anyone have personal experience with these aluminum frames for the 365? Comments? Advice?

Thanks!

Posts: 18069 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Doc,

I have no experience with these Al grip modules, but also look at Mischief Machine. Their lead time appears to be much shorter. If you don't want to wait, there is one in the Classifieds by member NoQuota.

Q

Posts: 26413 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Doctor. Wink

Posts: 18069 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doctor, doctor, doctor, doctor, doctor, doctor....

Funny scene.

Posts: 7521 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah. Big Grin Big Grin

TANSTAAFL
posted Hide Post
I have the Evo xl grip module on a p365xl with a PMM comp and an eps carry. Overall I like it. It’s just enough bigger it doesn’t twist in my hand like the stock grip. It’s shoots pretty good even though I’m one of the folks who don’t get as much out of a red dot and kind of prefer irons. I have a slight astigmatism since the military did PRK years ago.

One of the big things others seem to like is the thumb wedges (little molded in gas pedals) on the sides. I’d rather not have those. First there are a limited number of holster makes for that variant. Second if you don’t hit the holster perfectly those wedges can kind of jam it in. I’ve been tempted to have them machined off but since that would ruin the anodizing I have to do cerakote which I’m not a big fan of on guns.

Posts: 715 | Location: Baltimore til I can get out of there. | Registered: June 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buddy357:
I have the Evo xl grip module on a p365xl with a PMM comp and an eps carry. Overall I like it. It’s just enough bigger it doesn’t twist in my hand like the stock grip. It’s shoots pretty good even though I’m one of the folks who don’t get as much out of a red dot and kind of prefer irons. I have a slight astigmatism since the military did PRK years ago.

One of the big things others seem to like is the thumb wedges (little molded in gas pedals) on the sides. I’d rather not have those. First there are a limited number of holster makes for that variant. Second if you don’t hit the holster perfectly those wedges can kind of jam it in. I’ve been tempted to have them machined off but since that would ruin the anodizing I have to do cerakote which I’m not a big fan of on guns.

I have the exact same set up and I agree completely, don’t like the thumb ledge either. IMO it’s’ not worth cost. It’s certainly nice to have but not worth $400 imo. At first I didn’t really like it that much but after a while it grew on me. I do like having it, but if I had to do it over again, doubt I would drop the $$ for it.

Posts: 3 | Registered: February 16, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Got this response back from my query to Icarus Precision:

quote:
For starters just want to make you aware our frames wont work with mag lock installed on the cali fcu. The cali 10 round mags will work as long as they are x/xl length.

So nothing to be done for now.

probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Is it illegal to remove the magazine safety in California? If not, I would just uninstall it.

Posts: 3385 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of all the ones that I know of, that one from Mischief Machine looks the nicest. Besides it and Icarus, there are (at least) two other metal offerings, maybe more, that I'm aware of: one from Sharps Bros. and one from JL Billet. The JL Billet was unveiled at SHOT SHOW 2024.

The Mischief Machine really has nice clean lines, all the other look like boomerangs with their odd shaped triggerguards, at least to me anyway.

Posts: 2011 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've held the one from 80% Arms and plan on purchasing soon to shoot with. Feels really good in hand.

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Of all the ones that I know of, that one from Mischief Machine looks the nicest.

I must agree with that. Also, the various projections on the Icarus apparently make finding a holster difficult; I would think they would also be detrimental to rapid draw of a CCW weapon.

posted Hide Post
Just got a Macro grip from Sharp Brothers.$280.
Working great so far.

Posts: 1660 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post