Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sigs vs HK's Login/Join 
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
HK is more fiddly to work with. First time I did a LEM install there was much, much profanity. Once you do a couple though it's not that bad. I've got 3 USPs that I intend to switch if the kits ever become available again. The trick is to use a punch to keep everything lined up while your work the pin back in place. And hold your mouth just right. And curse in German under your breath.

Posts: 2643 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by copaup:
HK is more fiddly to work with. First time I did a LEM install there was much, much profanity. Once you do a couple though it's not that bad. I've got 3 USPs that I intend to switch if the kits ever become available again. The trick is to use a punch to keep everything lined up while your work the pin back in place. And hold your mouth just right. And curse in German under your breath.

"And curse in German under your breath" Perfect!

Posts: 105 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: August 30, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One hour ten minutes start to finish for the .357 Sig USPc! And that included 15 minutexs looking for that stupid little firing pin safety spring, which (of course!) popped out. It is such a small thing I am amazed I found it.

Did, or tried to do, some things differently. I attempted to leave the sear pin in holding the plate for the safety. UNFORTUNATELY it popped out, so I had that little puppy to put back in also. But I figured out if I got that back in FIRST, life would be easier. Easiest part was getting the sear out, replacing the roll pin, and back in. Hardest was aligning the catch and plate. Neither pistol was happy having that sear pin align with those two holes, even though I did the punch-to-hold-alignment trick.

Anyway, thanks for all the help and supportive comments. Those videos were an absolute boon! They should be a sticky. I know this is s Sig forum, but lots of Sig guys own HK's. Attempting to do "simple stuff" like installing an SRT ought to be within the reach of any number of guys, IF there are some decent videos to help.

Posts: 105 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: August 30, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post