SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What do you think about this waterproof Holster from Seahorse?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do you think about this waterproof Holster from Seahorse? Login/Join 
Working for Water
Picture of Chance228
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:

Kind of reminds me of this.

Smile

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That's great...I am cracking up over this

Posts: 1051 | Location: Central New Jersey | Registered: February 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives
posted Hide Post
When doing hurricane rescues, my beater glock was submerged completely for hours each day for 3 days. When the water went down , I threw it in the safe and carried a different gun until we got back on a regular schedule.

2 weeks later, every round in the gun and spare magazines fired.

This product is a solution looking for a problem

"I don't own the night, I only operate a small franchise" - Author unknown

Posts: 2447 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been in the water a number of times with a gun. Not really a problem. SO the sealing/waterproof nature of it wouldn't be a big deal to me. And lots of cases are waterproof. I'd find some sort of locking container that can hold what you want to carry and use that. The more generic it looks the better. bolt a small plastic pelican case that locks and it will be the equivalent of this and way cheaper...

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11009 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:

Who’s it intended for?

Life Guards Big Grin

Posts: 10056 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Being salt water proof makes me think it’s intended for the Navy but I don’t see why it would work on a motorcycle, boat, atv.

Posts: 568 | Location: Beaumont TX | Registered: March 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
That is one the stupidest things I have ever seen honestly.

A water proof gun case may have some merit depending on a persons needs, but as a holster that is just ridiculous.

That guy spent way to much time playing Call of Duty.

If whatever weapon your carrying, can't take a little exposure to the elements, then you should probably rethink that weapon system.

My Glocks spent more time under water than exposed to air during Hurricane Harvey. Never had any issues with them from that.

As Car541 said, I also took a couple of mine out, prior to cleaning or anything after the event and shot them, just to see.

Surprise, they functioned perfectly with the duty mags carried underwater as well.

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:
Originally posted by Xer0:
I wouldn't want to carry it around, but it seems perfect to bolt onto the side of my motorcycle as it doesn't look like a pistol holster (so discrete), is lockable, and is completely waterproof!

I can't imagine a world in which something like that could possibly be called "discreet."

Not even society in which everyone is blind.

Wear it in the front of your trousers. People will think it’s your codpiece.

Posts: 26930 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Just the thing for your shower gun...

Posts: 5744 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
I guess its ok if you want to do an amphibious assault on a hotel in Cuba......... I'm not all into that so I'll pass

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7905 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post