SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 X Compact.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 X Compact. Login/Join 
posted
I purchased a new P320X Compact for my Son while he was in from out of town. We put about 500 rounds through it in one afternoon.
This is the first Sig I have ever bought. I am really impressed with it because you can modify, or make anything you want out of the gun just by changing modules.
As a matter of fact I was so impressed that I just a couple days ago purchased a second one just like it and am going to give it to my Son-in-Law.
Thinking about getting another one for myself. I am trying to get a couple of Wilson Combat Hand Grip modules for the both of them. I have already bought two Gas Pedal take-sown levers for the both of them.

Ed

Hurst Engines Jeffersonville, Indiana
1929 Buick
1957 Chevrolet
2011 Harley Davidson Super Glide Custom
MSF RiderCoach
Aircraft Machinist USAF (Ret)
Viet Nam Vet (U.S. Army)
Disabled Veteran
Streetrod Builder/enthusiest
Mortec.com Moderator

Posts: 9 | Registered: April 09, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome!

The P320 platform is proving to be truly revolutionary with its modularity.

Since the Military picked it up, it's going to be with us for a few decades at least.

The Wilson modules are outstanding. I use them on all my P320's and P365's.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
even though I profess to not be a fan of striker fired pistols... my P320 Compact is the one I have used twice in a 4 day defensive handgun class and both times at the end and qualification test I aced them. Often other students who have taken the course repeatedly actually fail that test or don't do well... If nothing else, at least Sig when designing the P320 did not go the 'G" route where you have to have a special handshake and them flip two iddy biddy tabs while praying to your long dead grandmother to get the damn slide off. Sorry, but it's the truth.

If you are going to go striker fired, I think Sig is the way to go.

Oh and the funny thing about the 320 Modularity is that sig has been doing this for years.... Just look at the P226.... you could change the upper on it and go from 9mm... to 357 or 40 for years now...

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
If the striker fired pistol isn't your thing, consider the Sig P250.

The P320 architecture was sourced from the P250 and some parts are interchangeable.

I have a German P250 and the only problem I've had with it is running out of ammo. Wink

I hope to have a P320 someday.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And the P320 takedown system is more or less fool proof. You have to lock the slide open AND remove the magazine to rotate the takedown lever. You cannot do it with a round chambered and do not have to pull the trigger.

That right there from an FMEA perspective should drive all agency sales to Sig instead of Glock. Brain fart while taking down a Glock and you can ND. It happens, and people post the pictures of the results. Not pretty.

Yeah, proper training, knowing the manual of arms, "I wouldn't make that mistake", I get it. But people will always make mistakes because they are people. And many people that carry guns for a living are not gun people.

If you want a hammer fired pistol with a very safe action I'd look at an HK LEM, since they are in production. The 250 had a nice light and smooth but long trigger but I remember light strikes were an issue.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Plus, it takes effort to shoot a 320 poorly. They are easy to shoot guns. I’ve winnowed my 320’s down to a handful left but not because they don’t work but because I’ve gone back to hammer guns.

Modularity is no joke. It’s perhaps one of the best things to migrate over to the 365 platform. Big, small, thin, not thin, it’s great to have cheap choices.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I have been wanting to get a 320 for awhile now even collected a few grip modules and magazines. Just never pulled the trigger.
Ran across a second hand unfired early 320 Compact. Put a few round through it in factory form and it was very much a treat.
It is at Sig now for the “voluntary upgrade” fancy term for recall since mine was an early model.
Can’t wait to get it back as I have some goodies to put on it.

I believe I saw that take down lever you are referring to the other day on an AXG Scorpion.
Not sure I see the need for it really but I am new to these guns. It just seemed like a big old goiter or something on the side of the gun that took up a bunch of space.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I really like my Professional X. Great range gun with the Grayguns trigger. I do want a narrower set of sights though.

Posts: 17887 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
You’re generous. Do you need another son ? ;;

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
the hypocrisy at least in my part is even though I put down the striker fired system... I just bought a Sig Lima frame with laser for my P320 compact....

Edit (4/16/2022). Got the lima frame and the trigger group and such did not want to go in easy... I finally used a special tool to get it to slide in and fit just right. I suspect will be a real challenge to remove but for sure is tight and snug and I then a few days later went to the range and gun functioned fine. Oh and this is the compact version with the Romeo sight on it... and I like the laser on the Lima grip... functions well and took just a tad adjusting.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Blume9mm,

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
I can't speak highly enough about my 320's and 365's.

The platform that finally got me away from glocks after 20 plus years.

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:

Well, the story goes that my wife is terrified of guns and I have several. It apparently rubbed off on my Son. He is 49 years old and I figured it was time for him to grow a pair. He lives in Texas and came home for Christmas. He has never showed an interest in guns and I have several with no one to give them to. I recently turned 75 and figured he needed to be exposed to guns.
I took him and my Son in Law to a new State of the Art indoors gun range and the both enrolled in a USCCA handgun safety class. Since I was there I attended it also. It wasn't necessary because I have been around guns all my life, plus I am retired military but I didn't want to stand there all by myself. Come time for the actual firing, I let him use my Ruger LC9S 9mm. The instructor said it was not the right gun for him so I pulled out my Ruger SR40C and handed it to him. He couldn't hit anywhere close to what would qualify him and the Instructor again told him it was not the right gun for him. The Instructor left and came back with a CZ P10 Compact and he did well enough that the Instructor said he could qualify with it.
I looked for a good while for a deal on a CZ and actually found one at a LEO/MIL dealer about 50 miles away. I waited a couple of months and couldn't find the CZ dealer again.
I took my Sone to a LGS the next time he cam home and the shop owner didn't have the CZ we wanted but he pulled out his EDC and it was a decked out Sig P320 with the Wilson Combat grip and the Go Gun "Gas Pedal" take down lever that he used in Competitions. My Son really liked it and the owner pulled out of his case a Sig P320X Compact and explained the modularity of it.
I figured what the hell and bought it. I live in Indiana and my Son lives in Texas. We purchase a case of 1000 rounds and went shooting at the indoor range the next day. I gave him some pointers and he improved significantly. At the end of his stay I gave him a TSA approved Vault V100 carry case that was given to me by USCCA. He packed it in his luggage, declared it at the airlines counter and they were gone with no problems.
My Son in Law lives it Texas also and asked if I would keep my eye out for a good deal. I saw one on Gunbroker.com and before I could call to confirm he really wanted it the gun sold for $340. I went for a couple more months and was able to get another P320 XC for about $40 less than the first one so I bought it. Both of these guys are new shooters. My Son in Law lived in Kalifornia and was robbed at gun point twice. The last time they made him go inside his apartment, cleaned it out of valuables and took his brand new two week old BMW X5. My Son was able to use an APP on his iPhone and locate the BMW but the police would not do anything about it so they took the extra FOB and went and stole it back.
Anyway, I am trying to get my Son to a point that he is not afraid of guns so I can give him the rest of mine one day. I have a Winchester Model 54 22 Hornet that he purchased in 1936 that I want him to have.
I modded my next door neighbors Sig P365 with a trigger and spring kit I bought from MCARBO that is absolutely amazing. I also put the Gas Pedal on it.
At least my Son in Law is going to pay me back for the P320 I bought for him. They are out of stock locally but I really like the Wilson Combat grip modules that Texaspoff has on his. I have two of them on order.
BTW, I was going to do the trigger mod on both the P320XC guns but I don't see a thing wrong with them. I am wanting one for myself.

Ed

1929 Buick
1957 Chevrolet
MSF RiderCoach
Viet Nam Vet (U.S. Army)
Disabled Veteran
Mortec.com Moderator

posted Hide Post
Texaspoff, those are interesting grips on your two SIGs. Tell us about them please!

Posts: 2011 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Those are the Wilson Combat grip modules for the P320 compact and the P365.

Posts: 3382 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Thanks for taking my ribbing with grace. No explanation was really necessary but the insight very fascinating. You’re a good soul Sir!
quote:
Originally posted by hurst01:
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:

Well, the story goes that my wife is terrified of guns and I have several. It apparently rubbed off on my Son. He is 49 years old and I figured it was time for him to grow a pair. He lives in Texas and came home for Christmas. He has never showed an interest in guns and I have several with no one to give them to. I recently turned 75 and figured he needed to be exposed to guns.
I took him and my Son in Law to a new State of the Art indoors gun range and the both enrolled in a USCCA handgun safety class. Since I was there I attended it also. It wasn't necessary because I have been around guns all my life, plus I am retired military but I didn't want to stand there all by myself. Come time for the actual firing, I let him use my Ruger LC9S 9mm. The instructor said it was not the right gun for him so I pulled out my Ruger SR40C and handed it to him. He couldn't hit anywhere close to what would qualify him and the Instructor again told him it was not the right gun for him. The Instructor left and came back with a CZ P10 Compact and he did well enough that the Instructor said he could qualify with it.
I looked for a good while for a deal on a CZ and actually found one at a LEO/MIL dealer about 50 miles away. I waited a couple of months and couldn't find the CZ dealer again.
I took my Sone to a LGS the next time he cam home and the shop owner didn't have the CZ we wanted but he pulled out his EDC and it was a decked out Sig P320 with the Wilson Combat grip and the Go Gun "Gas Pedal" take down lever that he used in Competitions. My Son really liked it and the owner pulled out of his case a Sig P320X Compact and explained the modularity of it.
I figured what the hell and bought it. I live in Indiana and my Son lives in Texas. We purchase a case of 1000 rounds and went shooting at the indoor range the next day. I gave him some pointers and he improved significantly. At the end of his stay I gave him a TSA approved Vault V100 carry case that was given to me by USCCA. He packed it in his luggage, declared it at the airlines counter and they were gone with no problems.
My Son in Law lives it Texas also and asked if I would keep my eye out for a good deal. I saw one on Gunbroker.com and before I could call to confirm he really wanted it the gun sold for $340. I went for a couple more months and was able to get another P320 XC for about $40 less than the first one so I bought it. Both of these guys are new shooters. My Son in Law lived in Kalifornia and was robbed at gun point twice. The last time they made him go inside his apartment, cleaned it out of valuables and took his brand new two week old BMW X5. My Son was able to use an APP on his iPhone and locate the BMW but the police would not do anything about it so they took the extra FOB and went and stole it back.
Anyway, I am trying to get my Son to a point that he is not afraid of guns so I can give him the rest of mine one day. I have a Winchester Model 54 22 Hornet that he purchased in 1936 that I want him to have.
I modded my next door neighbors Sig P365 with a trigger and spring kit I bought from MCARBO that is absolutely amazing. I also put the Gas Pedal on it.
At least my Son in Law is going to pay me back for the P320 I bought for him. They are out of stock locally but I really like the Wilson Combat grip modules that Texaspoff has on his. I have two of them on order.
BTW, I was going to do the trigger mod on both the P320XC guns but I don't see a thing wrong with them. I am wanting one for myself.

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched Biden on his news conference yesterday talking about illegal guns. The first thing I noticed was that it looked like a sig handgrip, slide and FCU.
Yes, you can buy any of those parts without the background check EXCEPT the FCU. He is going to keep on until our guns are outlawed.

Ed

1929 Buick
1957 Chevrolet
MSF RiderCoach
Viet Nam Vet (U.S. Army)
Disabled Veteran
Mortec.com Moderator

SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
https://www.facebook.com/groups/507973093100808/

X-Compact & RXP page on fecesbook.

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up a new P320X Compact and... from the first round I sent down range I knew it was something special. I bought a Wilson Combat grip to replace the original grip. I also added a Sig Romeo One Pro red-dot sight and the pistol makes one ragged hole at 20 yards. I love everything about the 320XC -- especially the flat faced trigger. Before I fired the 320XC for the first time I was worried about its high bore axis, but after I shot it my concerns were put to bed; for me it's a non-issue.

I'm brand new to using red dot sights. Because of my aging eyesight over the past few years, my practice shooting with iron sights has been limited to 7-10 yards, but now the red dot enables me to shoot amazingly well at much longer distances; so good in fact-- it feels like cheating.

Now... I just need more practice with my P320X Compact and red dot to improve my rapid fire, however I'm optimistic my rapid fire will improve quickly.

Back to the P320X Compact. I've got zero regrets about investing in this pistol. It's amazing! And... I'm impressed with the 320 platform in general.

Posts: 77 | Registered: March 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I'll repeat myself on this story... few years back was at a 4 day defensive hand gun class... my forth time there and the first time with my Sig P320 compact with the Romeo sight.. guy I was with wanted to see about different sights on his Glock and we went to the gun smith at the facility and was talking to him and I asked about my Sig. This gun Smith, who had a big Glock tattoo on his arm showed me several issue with my pistol that could not be corrected and said it would never be accurate.

the next day we had our shooting test...

I took the same pistol with me this past December and did the same thing.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

posted Hide Post
Just curious, at what distance did you shoot that? Last week I was watching a review on YouTube by Honest Outlaw test firing a Sig P320X Compact with optics. He was shooting at metal targets at 125 yards. I watched him empty three 15 round mags with NEVER a miss. You could hear the bullet hit the target each time. It is a very respectable gun, especially at 125 yards.

Ed

1929 Buick
1957 Chevrolet
MSF RiderCoach
Viet Nam Vet (U.S. Army)
Disabled Veteran
Mortec.com Moderator