SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Factory 30 round P320 mags now available
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Factory 30 round P320 mags now available Login/Join 
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted
Just noticed on the Sig website that factory 30 round mags are now available for the P320 series. Available with the M17 Coyote grip base or as a straight 30 round. if this was mentioned before I apologize, this is the first I have seen them.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SIGWALLY,

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sadly too late for us in WA. Have a local buddy who managed to procure "a couple" prior to 7/1/22, but alas I wuz not so 4tuitous.

-MG

Posts: 1994 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
Sadly too late for us in WA. Have a local buddy who managed to procure "a couple" prior to 7/1/22, but alas I wuz not so 4tuitous.

Out of curiosity how do they know when you procured a magazine??

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25428 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

I have no idea how they would hold up in a prosecution, but I can think of two possibilities.

One is that the magazine wasn’t produced at all until after the effective ban date.

The second is the little date code that appears on plastic parts. In fact, I’ve often wondered why they are used on most of the gun magazines I’ve seen in recent years but not on many other parts that aren’t subject to regulation. Is that something manufacturers are required to do by statute or regulation?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ FWIW, a lot of polymer magazines seem to have teething problems when first produced, polymer is made in batches, and I wouldn't be surprised if molds or other production tools had set service lives. In other words, quality control might be a plausible explanation.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I strongly doubt those are date codes on magazines as if that were true, the news would have spread like wildfire on the net.

OTOH, I don't know if it's still true, but automotive manufacturers used to place date codes on tail light lenses. Don't know if they still do though.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone use mags this long in a pistol, even at the range?

I can see how some folks might want this for a subgun, but I think Glock has that fully covered. I have a sub2k that takes 320 mags, but even with that the 21 rounders are just fine, and I think anything longer would compromise size/manuverability.

Happiness is a warm gun.

Posts: 447 | Location: Shenandoah Valley | Registered: February 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
I've never really enjoyed cramming a 30rd mag in any traditional pistol, yet I have them for my older Sig's, Glocks and Beretta 92s just because I can. That's why I just bought two of these for the 320. Because I can and some day, they will say I can't.

Posts: 824 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by neex:
Does anyone use mags this long in a pistol, even at the range? .

Not as long as you might think. Just 8cm (3.25“) along the front strap of an M17. I‘m considering a baseball grip. Wink

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^ FWIW, a lot of polymer magazines seem to have teething problems when first produced, polymer is made in batches, and I wouldn't be surprised if molds or other production tools had set service lives. In other words, quality control might be a plausible explanation.

Magpul does it as a matter of course to help in tracking production batches. The date code along with other data molded into the magazine bodies identified the problematic initial batches of Magpul's Glock 17rd mags. I'm not sure if anyone else does this practice however.

quote:

I guess they don't, unless as mentioned earlier that it's clear that the magazine didn't exist in any form prior to the cutoff date, which here in WA was 7/1/22. The immediate negative part to all of this is that out-of-state dealers and sources have been nixed from WA consumers. They don't ship guns with non-conforming magazines as well as the mags themselves to a restricted state. Nor the parts to upkeep and repair them, either. Here in WA State it's considered a misdemeanor if someone is caught "smuggling" 10+ mags in, and a felony if they're caught a second time.

There's not going to be some kind of "border patrol" policing individuals buying mags in neighboring states and bringing them back, certainly not to level that California officials have done in the recent past with their spying at Nevada gun shows and shops and scanning for California license plates. It's not to say that something similar couldn't happen here (especially looking across into Idaho), but for now the anti-gunners are content to let the threat of losing one's gun rights do the controlling, unless it turns out that it actually doesn't.

I suppose that there are various scenarios that some Magpul addict could find themselves 'outed' (house broken into; thieves got the guns but oh lookie here, they missed (some of) the mags, etc.). Or pulled over on a road trip back from Coeur d'Alene...stuff like that.

SCOTUS should've just issued a ruling and we would've been done with all of this nonsense. Now comes the waiting for the lower courts to waste time. And the hoping that in the meantime a couple of pro-2A justices don't up and croak... Frown

Meanwhile for those who DO have those SIG long sticks (nice segue way back on topic, eh?), go out and enjoy the heck out of them on behalf of us who are stuck behind the Iron Curtain!

-MG

Posts: 1994 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post