Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New P365-380 Login/Join 
posted
Greetings!
I picked up the new 380 last night and beat the rain in Central Oregon this morning for a little range test. Like others have stated, it is a joy to shoot. The perfect size for a 380. I compared it back to back with the LCP Max, and as expected, the Max was much more snappy. And the accuracy was very nice with POA and POI the same.

Then, I shot the Hellcat to confirm that the defensive 9mm rds do have much more recoil, but it was still manageable.

With the Sig, I had a few light primer strikes with my reloads using CCI primers which are on the hard side. I haven’t had any with my other stock guns with my reloads, so I’ll do a good firing pin / striker area cleaning and try it again. I had zero issues with factory ammo.

This is a very nice shooting pistol and I’m glad I am finally a Sig owner! Waiting for the XL grip module and 12 rd mag!

Good info on the site that helped in the buying decision!

Posts: 8 | Location: Central Oregon  | Registered: May 05, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like it....
The Sig is every bit as accurate as the 9mm brother.
However, my first inclination is that the Glock 42 is still a ....BIT....more manageable. Couple more a/b sessions at the range.

Posts: 379 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was real close buying a 42, but I don’t like Glocks in general ( the grip angle and the trigger guard pinching my finger), and wanted the extra mag capacity. I don’t shoot my 22 anymore even with the 9mm conversion barrel. But, I know many people love them 42’s!

Posts: 8 | Location: Central Oregon  | Registered: May 05, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TDB:

With the Sig, I had a few light primer strikes with my reloads using CCI primers which are on the hard side. I haven’t had any with my other stock guns with my reloads, so I’ll do a good firing pin / striker area cleaning and try it again. I had zero issues with factory ammo.

This is a very nice shooting pistol and I’m glad I am finally a Sig owner! Waiting for the XL grip module and 12 rd mag!

Good info on the site that helped in the buying decision!

With my 365/380 I was getting black smudges on the cases using my TiteGroup reloads and I thought I might have needed a bit more crimp to solve that ……I ended up getting 2 light strikes and realized that may have happened because of the increased crimp; slight as it was; considering 380 headspaces on the case mouth. BTW also with CCI primers

Now I’ve gone back to straight wall case (no crimp) and switched over to UNIQUE powder and initial test was good.

Good luck with your new gun! Mine is now almost my EDC splitting time with my Glock 42.

Posts: 393 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post