SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Family fun day
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Family fun day Login/Join 
Picture of Delta-3
posted
Took my youngest boy shooting so he could get some live fire practice with his AR in different shooting positions. (he's been practicing dry fire at home)
He did very well! His groups need a little work but that will come with more practice.
He did the same with his Beretta M9A1. Dry fire at home to get used to that first long pull of the trigger. I have quite a few different handguns to choose from. He tried most of them but liked the Beretta the best. (can't blame him there) So it's his. (didn't get a pic though. Too busy instructing. lol)

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 702 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a fun day.

Posts: 1562 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
Sorry guys. Posted in handguns instead of rifle section & can't seem to delete it.
Mods please move.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 702 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
Love to see this. Looks like he's got teh hangs of it. Thank you for sharing! Cheers

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1630 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
First, I have no formal training in rifle shooting other then what my father taught for hunting rifles 55-60 yrs ago.
In the first picture the young man is leaning backwards, looks to me as though that would be a very unstable stance.
Am I wrong?

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
Your not wrong. When that pic was taken he had been holding the rifle for awhile & it started to get heavy. I've taught him to lean into the rifle but offhand it gets heavy quick.

Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Nicely done, and thanks for sharing. I've been getting a lot of quality range time in with my oldest lately. I think I may have created a monster though because he's got a list of stuff that he wants me to buy next...wife isn't too happy, lol.

Posts: 8417 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
Well done. Any day at the range with the young ones is a good one. I only wish I had done it more when I had the opportunity for more frequency. Now I cherish every opportunity.

Posts: 819 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post