SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My glock 19/5 broke today
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My glock 19/5 broke today Login/Join 
Picture of pointman73
posted Hide Post
There's good MIM parts and there's bad MIM parts. People complain about things before they actually know about manufacturing processes, or not enough. You'd be surprised at what is MIMed around the world.

Anything built can break.

I replaced a range rental Springfield XD striker numerous times, yet their fanboys claim to never having an issue. People bitch about DPMS, but my LE DPMS carbine never failed me, through punishing courses and treatment over 16 years.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pointman73,

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

Posts: 104 | Location: From Philly, now in middle GA | Registered: June 04, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoot gun,
get check
Picture of Scoobaru
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pointman73:
There's good MIM parts and there's bad MIM parts. People complain about things before they actually know about manufacturing processes, or not enough. You'd b surprised at what is MIMed around the world.

Anything built can break.

Well put pointman!

Posts: 609 | Location: The pointy part of Nevada | Registered: March 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Pulled my Gen5 G19 striker. Not MIM.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
You guys with the broken firing pins/strikers etc. do you do a lot of dryfire? If so snapcap or no snapcap? Just curious. I always try to use snap caps.

I don’t dry fire .

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Last night I pulled two G19's, a G45, a G19X, a G26 and a G34 firing pins (all Gen 5). None were MIM, we're good. I didn't bother checking any more.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post