SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Well shoot……we’re on Forgotten Weapons. (Arex Delta 2)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well shoot……we’re on Forgotten Weapons. (Arex Delta 2) Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
So I’ve always liked Forgotten Weapons and Ian from way back so that feed shows up for me in YT all the time.

So I look this morning and I see him talking about the Arex Delta 2 and although he is really just talking about the iterative processes to make a better product all I can think is some dude from Arex drinking a cup of coffee thinking….

“Well shit, we’re on FORGOTTEN Weapons………..sigh…….gotta pair that resume down to one page.”

Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7623 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You'll need to provide a bit more detail, because I'm not sure what you're telling us.

I'm familiar with the Forgotten Weapons channel, but the rest, I don't know what you mean.

Posts: 107224 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Apologies.

Forgotten Weapons just put out a video talking about the Arex Delta 2 pistol. The primary gist of the video was how iterative processes make for better products (guns) and no designer can think of everything on the first go hence when a weapon like the Arex Delta 2 is released it builds upon not on its direct predecessor but all polymer strikers before.

I was just making a funny comment that Forgotten Weapons usually discusses failed engineering or marketing attempts of various arms hence the Forgotten moniker and I was just picturing an exec from Arex seeing their product on Forgotten Weapons and thinking well this sucks back to the drawing board folks.

Joke fell flat, I’ll show myself out now. Smile

Posts: 7623 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
I was just making a funny comment that Forgotten Weapons usually discusses failed engineering or marketing attempts of various arms

Not quite. That's Ian's personal favorite topic, and was the initial focus of his niche blog (hence the name), but nowadays a significant portion of the Forgotten Weapons videos just cover non-forgotten historical weapons, most of which were successful (many wildly so).

Posts: 32411 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Tough room. Frown. Wink Big Grin

You are, however correct, that FW has done and continues to do it’s fair share of modern and or successful stuff as well.

Picture of RedV
posted Hide Post
His video series of him running the Lynx Brutality with the French Famas and the Arex Delta Gen 2. All three did really well. I have 2 Arex Delta Gen 2s and impressed. They just shoot.

“I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.” -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers.

Posts: 23 | Location: Gulf Coast Region  | Registered: October 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
emphasis on running...

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Ian has a recent video where he tours the Arex factory in Slovenia, A couple of cameos Wink from Žiga (Polenar Tactical).

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3429 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
emphasis on running...

No shit. He did the recon part of Finnish Brutality and had to run 3 kilometers before each shooting stage. Gun Jesus is not a dweeb…

Posts: 4120 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Tough room. Frown. Wink Big Grin

You are, however correct, that FW has done and continues to do it’s fair share of modern and or successful stuff as well.

That's what kind of got me. I have nothing against them, I'm just not a fan - but Arex most definitely has a fairly broad fan base out there.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post