SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    obscure glock models
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

obscure glock models Login/Join 
posted
Hello,
Does anyone have experience with either Glock 17R or 17P or 17T or 17A or 17DK they care to discuss?
Thank you!

Posts: 828 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
The 17R, 17P, and 17T are not really “obscure” models. They are quite common in law enforcement circles. Especially the 17T. The Simunitions marking cartridges are one of the most effective LE training tools out there.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock G-17 T - Training (Blue gun, force on force) and R - Red Also training, but dry fire, shoots no projectiles.

Great if you have a training facility, especially for the "Force on Force" stuff. Oh yeah, the Simunition round WILL LEAVE A MARK! Especially if the rounds are cold (a cold day outside) Eek) Chambered specifically to Simunition rounds and wont chamber a 9mm/380 round.

https://eu.glock.com/en/produc...ls/g17-t-gen4-fx-fof

One of the later training models (TR or P maybe?) is a RESET. The trigger resets itself like a double action instead of you needing to cock the slide back enough to reset the trigger. If you're into some serious training, probably the way to go. However, they cost as much as a regular G-17/G-19, if not slightly more.

https://eu.glock.com/en/world-...ning-and-instruction

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8345 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got 17P and 17R at work. The 17R pretends to be repeatable Glock trigger but has a totally different feel. The 17P is massively reworked to run NLTA. I think UTM's solution is much better and doesn't stick you with used up NLTA guns that nobody wants.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I think obscure Glock models I am thinking the handful made for our Naval Investigations stationed in Italy in 38 Super or something like that since they can’t have military calibers there. Or the fullsize and midsize .380’s.

Posts: 4055 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well...there's the G46.

And the G47.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz:
When I think obscure Glock models I am thinking the handful made for our Naval Investigations stationed in Italy in 38 Super or something like that since they can’t have military calibers there. Or the fullsize and midsize .380’s.

Most of the Glocks in Italy are 9x21. As for .38 Super, I had to make my own.

Thinking the OP is asking about Glocks specifically made for training scenarios from the model 17 architecture without the use of live ammo.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
I played with a 17P (red frame) in a training class once. As a engineering nerd it was pretty neat. as to other rare glocks I've handed a G24 and I'm on a mission to find a Gen 2 G32. I've also fiddled with a G18 for a few minutes.

Here are all the training glocks they make today.
https://us.glock.com/en/Pistols?filter=train_usage

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
quote:

Thinking the OP is asking about Glocks specifically made for training scenarios from the model 17 architecture without the use of live ammo.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
quote:

That’s it!! 9x21. Thank you. I was expanding on jljones comment. I really wouldn’t call the training Glocks obscure.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
I played with a 17P (red frame) in a training class once. As a engineering nerd it was pretty neat. as to other rare glocks I've handed a G24 and I'm on a mission to find a Gen 2 G32. I've also fiddled with a G18 for a few minutes.

Here are all the training glocks they make today.
https://us.glock.com/en/Pistols?filter=train_usage

You too!!! I have been looking for a while for a Gen2 G32. Good luck to both of us!!

Cold Ass Honkey
Picture of Sig Vicious
posted Hide Post
The infamous Glock 7.
Extremely rare.

Their tagline for this model-
"Glock 7. Porcelain. When the shit's going down, it's the right choice!"

------------------------------
Never fully gruntled.

Posts: 2173 | Location: OR-ee-GUN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig Vicious:
The infamous Glock 7.
Extremely rare.

Their tagline for this model-
"Glock 7. Porcelain. When the shit's going down, it's the right choice!"

The Glock 7 costs more than you make in a month.

I hear the Glock 18 is nice.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Glock 21 SF RTF2
IIRC only 2500 or so were made.. thats not many considering how many Glocks are manufactured.

I have one and was offered $1500 for it about 6+ years ago.

Approx 12 years ago, might have been longer...
I went to the local fun store looking to buy an HK45.

They were out of the HK45s and not liking the other HK offerings, dealer said he had just got in two new Glock 21’s, handed me one and it fit like a glove... sold

Great gun, turned down the offer as the pistol fits and I shoot it well... also have a G20 slide for it and its great in 10mm

Nope, I’ll keep it.

PS... A couple of years ago one sold on GB for over $2k.

I liked it so much, when Larry Vickers Glock 17 in FDE RTF2 came out, I had to have it.

Love them both.

Smile

You know, aside from having something special, its a really great format for the G21.

Somehow it fits me better than the gen 3 G21 SF

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BillyBonesNY,

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Billy Bones, my dumb ass passed up on one of those when I purchased my regular G-21. I still don't know why I passed up on it, especially for my like of the RTF...

One of the things that I regret. Then again, I'd be using it as my duty weapon...

Fenris, YES!!! The G-18 is a fun gun when you flip the switch!!! Especially when someone else is paying for the ammo!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8345 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Keep an eye out, Ive seen them for sale at reasonable prices.

all the best
Billy

quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
Billy Bones, my dumb ass passed up on one of those when I purchased my regular G-21. I still don't know why I passed up on it, especially for my like of the RTF...

One of the things that I regret. Then again, I'd be using it as my duty weapon...

Fenris, YES!!! The G-18 is a fun gun when you flip the switch!!! Especially when someone else is paying for the ammo!

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post