SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New TISAS M1911A1 ASF
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
New TISAS M1911A1 ASF Login/Join 
Member
posted
Just picked this up from my FFL. Heard a lot of positive buzz about this gun so I got one for myself. Comes with a pair of Mec-Gar seven rounders, a pair of plastic grips, a plastic bushing wrench, bore brush, and cleaning jag.

The manganese phosphate finish is quite well done and the installed wood grips look nice - anyone know what kind of wood this is?

I've heard that TISAS used a wartime Remington Rand M1911A1 as a basis for this gun, but who knows?

I believe there's a version with Cerakote finish instead of Parkerizing. For those more familiar than I am, is Cerakote more durable overall than Parkerizing?


 
Posts: 313 | Registered: July 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Being as this is a Turkish-made gun, I'll make a not-completely-wild-ass guess on the wood in the grips and say Turkish walnut. I have a Turkish Springfield Armory .22 bolt with this wood, and it turns up often on some other Turkish guns.
 
Posts: 32130 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I have the exact same gun and couldn’t be more happy with it, especially given the price I paid. It’s a range toy for me sure, but it’s a damn good toy and the mags alone are worth more than 1/5 of what I paid for the whole package.

I probably only have 300 rounds through it but haven’t experienced a single failure. Which is more than I can say for the first 300 rounds through multiple Kimbers and a Springfield 1911.




“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014
 
Posts: 15353 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of wacopolumbo
posted Hide Post
That’s a great looking 1911. I’m sure it’ll do what you need it to. Cerekote is a heat cured, applied finish. It’s nice but wears like anything else. On that 1911A1, I’d prefer the phosphate finish as it more accurately replicates the look of the era 1911 it was made to represent.


Regards,
Waco

Learning from my mistakes since 1974...
 
Posts: 1741 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: July 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Looks exactly like the Tisas I bought from the CMP. Had to have the CMP stamps on it!!! Never a problem and shoots very accurately.
 
Posts: 4370 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
does it throw brass back in your face? I ask because i Had a Kimber and a Colt that did that .I have thought about buying a Tisas like the one you have
 
Posts: 47 | Registered: May 31, 2025Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Congrats on that!

I have a MAC (Tisas) MEUSOC 1911 that has been fantastic thus far.



"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza
 
Posts: 6926 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dawes:
For those more familiar than I am, is Cerakote more durable overall than Parkerizing?


No, Parkerizing is much more durable.

Cerakote's sole benefit over Parkerizing is that it comes in a wide variety of colors.
 
Posts: 35554 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
One thing to realize about Parkerizing is it is meant to hold oil. So long as you keep it lightly oiled, it’ll outlast you.


______________________________________________
"If the truth shall kill them, let them die.”

"A man who does not read has no appreciable advantage over a man who cannot read."
 
Posts: 19321 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New TISAS M1911A1 ASF

© SIGforum 2026