SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    S&W 1076 *** update, I got it***
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S&W 1076 *** update, I got it*** Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Back in the day, all the FBI guns I saw had black triggers and hammers to denote the “custom shop” look.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
Unsure if it’s an fbi or not. Don’t care either way.

I shot it yesterday. The palm swell grips I do not like. Give me my straight backed grips. Otherwise it’s perfect.

I remember why I got rid of the 642. God I hate but love that gun. Ouch

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have bought several grips from Midway. They usually have the straight and arched. They have some that fit the 1086. They also have magazine followers and baseplates and other small parts like the decocker springs. I have several 9 and 45 gen 3's and as they are 30-35 years old, and have laid in a good supply of the parts as I find them.

I remember people complaining about them when they had to carry them but now pay double or triple what they cost back then.

Yeah, I used to have a couple of guns.

Posts: 434 | Location: North Central Ohio | Registered: February 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe check over at CDNN for magazines, they’ve had them in the past, or any of the places that tend to sell Police trade ins.

Dale

POW/MIA: You are Not Forgotten

Posts: 474 | Location: East St.Louis, Il. | Registered: June 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Make sure to look for two punch marks under the decock lever indicating that it has had factory recall work done.

Posts: 81 | Registered: September 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbethel:
Make sure to look for two punch marks under the decock lever indicating that it has had factory recall work done.

Yep it has them. Always check on the decocker guns.

I doubt S&W would still do whatever needs to be done today.

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ThankGod4Sig:
quote:
Originally posted by jsbethel:

Yep it has them. Always check on the decocker guns.

I doubt S&W would still do whatever needs to be done today.

I had a 1076 that I had sent in about 2 years ago, S&W still did the recall.

Posts: 761 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
I didn't see a picture of the right side of your 1076, but if it says something akin to "Caution: Capable of Firing With Magazine Removed" then you have a prior law enforcement ordered 1076, meaning the silly mag safety doesn't exist on yours. If it does not say that? You have the mag safety. It's a minor issue, but one that bugs me. I've had three of these (the first two were documented FBI guns) but now only have one, it's a prior Virginia State Police 1076 with the S&W birthday letter, got it nearly brand new. I think it was a T&E pistol.

They're really nice, but since S&W bailed out on 3rd Gen owners on making parts, I'm a bit careful about shooting it a heck of a lot. And they sure do look and feel like a Sig P-Series rip off, don't they? LOL!

Posts: 807 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
Yes its able to fire without its magazine

posted Hide Post
I know we're on a 10mm thing, but I'm just happy about the 642 without the stupid lock! It's just so pretty!

Posts: 4658 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post