SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Gray Guns DIY parts install
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gray Guns DIY parts install Login/Join 
posted
I picked up a NIB P225A1 (built Oct 2016) to replace the one I gave my son.

It has the worst trigger I've ever had on a Sig for take-up and pull.

I see all the pieces on GG's site to fix it. From those who have faced this, is it a good DIY substitute for sending it off for a proper trigger job?

Strut System
Enhanced Leverage System
SRT Kit

g

Posts: 24 | Location: Middle America | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
Yes, it is an excellent choice and will absolutely fix your trigger issues. I have Sigs that have had work done by Sig’s Custom shop as well as GGI before the parts were available. The guns with the drop in parts exceed those of the guns worked on by both outfits, they’re that good.

It is a relatively easy process to complete if you have any mechanical skills at all.

Posts: 2959 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Just make sure to call and ask them if their parts will fit/function in the P225-A1. All their advertised are for the P220, 226, 228 and 229.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bummer. Just received an e-mail from Chris at GG:

I apologize, I misread your model number. For the P225, the strut will work, the SRT might, but there has been issues and we usually install those in shop. The ELS trigger system will not work, we don't have a trigger for the P225.

So, for safety's sake the strut only, and I guess I'll get a Sig OE SRT.

But it'll still be better than it is now.

I do have a trigger I bought a while back from Galloway Precision with take-up and over travel. I noticed they no longer sell them, though. I wasn't impressed with it so I won't be installing it now.

Thanks for the replies.

g

Posts: 24 | Location: Middle America | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post