SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    From Croatia. By Croatians who care! The Echelon.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

From Croatia. By Croatians who care! The Echelon. Login/Join 
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Early Holosuns had spotty quality control, but that seems to have improved with the newer models and they're reasonably durable.

Posts: 4204 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry AIWB so my striker fired pistols must have either a manual thumb safety or have a SCD (striker control device) back slide plate if it's Glock pistol. Hopefully Langdon Tactical can and will develop a SCD for the Echelon pistol, then there would probably be one in my future. Until then, *I* prefer to carry DA/SA pistols like the Langdon Tactical or Wilson Combat Beretta 92 series or PX4 Storm pistols or Cajunized CZ P-07 or P-01 pistols when carrying AIWB.

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mdblanton:
I picked up an Echelon yesterday.

Did your Echelon come with a owner's manual?
I was reading online where the only way to get access to the owner's manual is to register the firearm with SA. Roll Eyes Is this the case?

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4834 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
quote:

I was reading online where the only way to get access to the owner's manual is to register the firearm with SA. Roll Eyes Is this the case?

https://support.springfield-ar...nuals/echelon-manual

You do realize that google would have dispelled this myth in less time than it took you to write the post, right?

"I don't own the night, I only operate a small franchise" - Author unknown

Posts: 2447 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by car541:
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
quote:

This was my initial GOOGLE results when I was researching the pistol. So much for google dispelling a myth.

https://support.springfield-ar...nuals/echelon-manual

You do realize that google would have dispelled this myth in less time than it took you to write the post, right?

You do realize that is why I was asking the question, right?

This is my initial google results when researching the pistol. So much for GOOGLE dispelling a myth.

"Third is the manual. The pistol comes with a nice test target, but no manual. A new chassis system, new optics-mounting system, and no manual. Digital-only manuals are not new, can reduce total cost, and allow the manufactuer to update things on the fly. However, if you want access to a manual you have to not only register the pistol with Springfield Armory (not a bad idea in case of warranty issues), but register YOURSELF with Springfield Armory. Given the company's track record with legislative issues I'm not about to give over my complete contact information to Springfield Armory. That left me guessing and scouring the internet for guidance on field stripping and other important user knowledge."

https://www.gbgunsdepot.com/po...y-hs-produkt-echelon

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4834 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did not get a owners manual either, which I feel is a bullshit cost cutting measure. So I called Springfield (they answered right away, which was nice) and told the lady I wanted a paper manual. She told me that they no longer offer one and all she could do was print out the pages of the online manual. I had her do that and that was exactly what I got in the mail a couple of days later.
No paper manual? Unacceptable, Springfield!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16117 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, that seems to be the trend nowadays - go online for owner's manuals.

Posts: 204 | Registered: July 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I did not get a owners manual either, which I feel is a bullshit cost cutting measure. So I called Springfield (they answered right away, which was nice) and told the lady I wanted a paper manual. She told me that they no longer offer one and all she could do was print out the pages of the online manual. I had her do that and that was exactly what I got in the mail a couple of days later.
No paper manual? Unacceptable, Springfield!

Was there an option to download a digital version of the manual? I looked but didn't see a way to do that. Maybe I'm just overlooking it.

-- George Orwell

posted Hide Post
I looked for a downloadable/printable manual but did not see that option either. Which saved me from printing out multiple pages on my dime. And toner.

Posts: 16117 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Holosun Mounting Report:
The Holosun arrived last week and I sat down to mount it today. I decided to live recklessly and attempt to mount it without reading the manual or YouTubing anything. I put my lost parts locator (Moses the Cat) under my bench and dove in:
1- In removing the optic mount slide cover plate, I found that the screws were loose due to not being Loctited in. My test fire must have loosened them.
2- I expected to shuffle through the various mount pins supplied with the Echelon to find the proper fit. Nope. Pins from the factory were already installed and the optic went right on. Tighten the screws and done!
3- Checked the Holosun for proper operation and it appears fully functional. OEM irons are visible through the optic window so that's a +++. The dot already appears to be pretty much where it needs to be but I will test fire hopefully on Tuesday and zero it.
Overall, extremely easy install and mount!

posted Hide Post
Holosun Range Time:
Off to the range this morning with the Holosun / Echelon. Zeroing took a whopping 5 rounds at 15 yards. I then put 95 rounds though a ragged hole about 3 inches in diameter. And I think I can shrink that if I work at it. All in all, I am pretty much sold on optics now. I need to spend a great deal more time to learn to quickly pick up the dot. The irons being visible through the optic window is a big help with this.
Minor Echelon issue: I had been swapping backstraps around to see which one felt best before range time. And I apparently did not fully seat my chosen backstrap. So, upon firing, the backstrap started to slide off. But I was able to get it back on pretty quickly.
So, for all my fellow fossilized old farts whose failing eyesight is causing you problems with focusing old eyes on your irons, try out a red dot (or green) and see if it changes things for you.
Im a believer now. Old dog... New trick.

Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the continued updates! These are interesting, and I'm glad to hear yours is performing well.

Posts: 8647 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also have an update for my Echelon. After getting a small grip module, it feels like it is made for my hands. The trigger further smoothes out and I can hit 1-2 inch circles at 15 yards now. Echelon ignites even crappy rounds that my 92X fails to fire. So overall, very positive experience. But my eyesight is failing. Negative: I could not install Holosun 507K, the set#3 pins did not fit leaving a large gap. Which Holosun are you guys using with Echelon?

Posts: 287 | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
407C is a perfect fit on mine.