SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    DAK Triggers on SIGs.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DAK Triggers on SIGs. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10x Sniper:
DAKs are great.

"The Revolver -A more elegant weapon from a more civilized age."

I agree with both these sentiments. I think the DAK is particularly well suited for old revolver guys.

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2183 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a pristine 239 in 9mm DAK that sits in my safe. Maybe I'll bring it out and carry it again.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cous2492:
quote:
Originally posted by Fundman:
SIG discontinued the DAK models four years ago. It was never popular and won't be missed.

I dont know if I would go that far. DAK was pushed out of the game with the rise of striker fired guns. Its much easier for most people to pick up a point and shoot striker gun that is reliable and cheap than an expensive heavy gun with a trigger that takes more effort to get good with.

DAK was very popular with law enforcement. I have three DAKs and like them... but they are also .40s and that is ancient nonsense in the eyes of the industry hipsters too.

DAK was very popular with LE administrators who didn’t trust their people and did not want to invest in their people’s training.

My agency issued them for 15 years. Lucky we had other personal purchase options.

As a mentor of mine, a fan of SIG DA/SA guns put it, DAK sucked all the fun out of shooting a SIG.

Good riddance.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
One man's meat is another's .... um, that sounds awkward
I'm sorry that DAK's were so awfully miserable for many, but I've been enjoying my two DAK LE 'trade ins' immensely.

Thanks for the opportunity to enjoy these Sigs!

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hay2bale:
"The Revolver -A more elegant weapon from a more civilized age."

I agree with both these sentiments. I think the DAK is particularly well suited for old revolver guys.

Yup.

I shoot a 1911 faster and more accurately, but I'm fine with my P239 SAS, as well.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
If you like double action only then I guess DAK is a viable and inviting option.... You will have a nice long smooth easy pull on your first shot and then get to choose on the second... heavier pull after a long reset or a lighter trigger if you let it out another 1/8th of an inch.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guarantee you with the exception of a SA pistol, with practice you can become as fast and proficient with the DAK platform as any other platform. Anyone that tells you different doesn’t know the system or hasn’t trained with it

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
I got a P220 DAK about 5 years ago for dirt cheap, just because I hadn't had a chance to try the DAK trigger. It's been my main carry gun since.
It's probably the easiest "first shot" trigger pulls, without needing to disengage a safety.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I have a P229 DAK in .357 Sig. it was a police trade in that I picked up for a song a few years ago. I really have not shot it much, I unfortunately never got around to stockpiling .357 Sig so I have probably shot less than 200 rounds through it, but I really like it. I have dryfired it thousands of times and I love the DAK trigger. And .357 Sig in the P229 shoots like a dream. Way better than in my Glock 23 with the conversation barrel.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post