SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New to me P229 SAS

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
New to me P229 SAS Login/Join 
posted
Spur of the moment purchase a couple of weeks ago and finally got to shoot it. Real happy that I picked it up.
DAK but that was a plus for me, I had a P220 SAS some years back but sold it on here. Always regretted it, like most of the others that I've let go over the years.

Next up, Ruger 1911 9mm Commander LW. Bought it last weekend and waiting for the "not-disapproved" official blessing now.

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Posts: 367 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Beautiful.

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Picture of winter_war
posted Hide Post
I like it! Now I want one...

Posts: 755 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 02, 2002Report This Post
Picture of highlander81
posted Hide Post
I've got the same gen 1 229 SAS. It was my first of several DAK Sigs. A fantastic shooter and beautiful to boot.

You'll have a great time with that one.

Congrats

Posts: 444 | Location: Southern Alberta, Canada | Registered: April 17, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Very sharp,

posted Hide Post
You have very good taste in firearms. I have that exact model as well as a Gen 1 SAS 220 and Gen 1 SAS 239. They occupy very prominent places in my safe!

Posts: 374 | Location: The Dark And Bloody Ground | Registered: July 13, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a beautiful gun. The wood grips are especially striking.

posted Hide Post
Nice find......I recently picked up a New 229SAS E2, and a new 239SAS Gen2.....both in 9mm. Love them both....I like the 229SAS better than my 226 Legion.....Good luck with your new gem.....looks mighty fine!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Sig protects my life, home, and family....."God guards my soul"

Posts: 1477 | Location: owensboro, ky | Registered: December 01, 2008Report This Post
Picture of HawkeyeJohn
posted Hide Post
Beautiful is right. Love that 2 tone legacy slide & wood furniture. If I had a magic wand, mine would be 9mm, DA/SA.

posted Hide Post
Good buy.
I bought one just like that, spur of the moment.
I love the way it looks, but do not like DAK.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Really nice gun.

Posts: 621 | Location: GA | Registered: September 03, 2013Report This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Nice looking pistol, enjoy it.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Good lookin' piece, and a great CC choice. Well done...how 'bout a range report. That's a 9mm, right?

I've been carrying a Sig M11-A1 for better than a month now (9mm), and have yet to have a stoppage of any kind. Great gun.

Rod

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Picture of Deputy 617
posted Hide Post
Very nice pistol you've got there. I wish I'd have kept my P229 SAS 9mm that I had a few years ago, but I was foolish and let it go. I now have a P229R DAK that I love and it will never be sold.

SIG SAUER...... Get you some!

Posts: 369 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: July 17, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I love those two tone SAS pistols with wood grips and want a P229 but they only came in .40S&W (as far as I know). I would only be interested in 9mm so I have to settle for the P239 SAS Gen 1. This is my only DAK pistol and I like it. The trigger works well for me.
Beautiful pistols.

I prefer the look of wood but the feel of these Hogues.

============================================
Photographs: https://photobucket.com/u/photoman12001
-----------------------------------
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/photoman12001/
-----------------------------------
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/photoman12001/videos

Posts: 1741 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: December 09, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
It is a .40, but wasn't as snappy as I remember.
I've been reading the posts on the forum about the 9mm conversion barrels and I'll probably get one of those in the future.
About all I shoot anymore is 9mm.

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Posts: 367 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Report This Post
Picture of WJR
posted Hide Post
Very, very nice DLC762. I have been looking for one of those recently myself. Congratulations! Enjoy!

WJR

Posts: 1823 | Location: Birmingham, AL USA | Registered: January 23, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have to settle for the P239 SAS Gen 1. This is my only DAK pistol and I like it. The trigger works well for me.
Beautiful pistols.

You can say that again, Photoman...good shootin' with a fine lookin' piece. Rod

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.