SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P239 SRT Experience
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P239 SRT Experience Login/Join 
posted
Well after acquiring an Sig 239 I purchased the components to install a SRT from Midwest Gun Works. I have done this installation before on p226’s but never on a single stack P239. Bottom line, I took about three hours with breaks, because of the tight tolerances to get the sear in place. Wow, what a difference, the trigger much smoother and a very crispy, very short reset. Well worth all the time and frustration to get this done. Simple advice, take your time it’s easy,but you have to be patient.

Posts: 370 | Location: Williamsburg, VA,  | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 3 229’s and put the SRT in all 3. Also all my other Sigs. I think the SRT is a much better trigger, at least for me.

One trick. When trying to install the sear, insert a Q-tip into the space between the arms. Allows you to hold the thing in place while driving the pin in enough to catch it.

Posts: 75 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: August 30, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you replace the trigger bar spring or make the old one work?

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toano, Va.  | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I really like the SRT sear, and have installed them in every classic Sig I own. The single-stacks are definitely a bit more of a challenge than the double-stacks because there's no way you're getting your fingers in there. I like to use a round wooden toothpick through the sear pin hole. There's enough play that you can wiggle it around and use the tip to pull things into alignment, yeat it's close enough in size to the hole that it can also function as a psuedo-slave pin once you have everything lined up. Being wood, it's also not going to scratch anything.

Posts: 8573 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ordered a new trigger bar spring, but when the got it, it was the same size as the original one. So no change. Guess my Sig had the right size to begin with.

Posts: 370 | Location: Williamsburg, VA,  | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post