SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    If you changed your stock pistol trigger, did you actually shoot it better?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you changed your stock pistol trigger, did you actually shoot it better? Login/Join 
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I guess because I'm a DA/SA guy who only considers the SA trigger important for constant accurate shots.... a crisp light brake is much more important than smooth.... what I've discovered is really important is finger placement on the trigger.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
On my classic SIGs, 226, 220, 245, etc. the Gray Guns parts are a vast improvement in the DA stroke and to some degree the SA stroke and accuracy is improved.

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have never seen anyone shoot larger groups at 75' after good trigger work but I have seen them shoot smaller groups.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
Always.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
For those that have changed their stock pistol trigger for an aftermarket trigger that is lighter and smoother, did you actually notice an improvement in the rounds on the target? I know most comment that it feels better and theoretically should result in less movement, but did you immediately see tighter, more accurate groups over the stock trigger?

Yes

Yes

Sigs and Non-Sigs: I enjoy having options!

Posts: 684 | Location: South San Joaquin Valley, CA | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post