SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Romeo Zero removal from P365XL question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Romeo Zero removal from P365XL question Login/Join 
Picture of 2Malamutes
posted
Circle dot reticles work better for me, so removing the Zero from my new 365XL. My question is do I remove the what appears to be a plastic panel that sits below the optic? It seems like that panel sits down in a milled receptacle, but without that it would seem the next owner would not have a non-conductive surface to rest the battery on. So how does one remove that plastic panel? Or do I leave it?

Posts: 183 | Location: SW Lower Michigan | Registered: March 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just get under an edge and peel it off. It's pretty tough and generally will come off intact.

Posts: 111 | Location: Alabama | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2Malamutes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARH19456:
Just get under an edge and peel it off. It's pretty tough and generally will come off intact.

Great, thanks, I’ll do that. I think my thin Xacto blade should get under a corner with no damage.

Posts: 183 | Location: SW Lower Michigan | Registered: March 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Thanks for this post.
I replaced the Romeo for iron sights today.
Man that thing was sticky..

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
To revisit this old thread.
Sig sent me a replacement Romeo Zero for my then-new P365XL.
The original one had blemishes on the lens when I bought it.

I'm just now getting around to pulling the iron sight plate assembly off and replacing the optic.
I can't find that plastic sheet that was there with the original optic.
I had to remove it for the plate assembly to fit.
I set it and the optic screws aside and put them somewhere that I'd remember.
But I don't remember and I can't find them.
I had to have Sig send me screws for the replaced optic.

The question is: do I need that sticky plastic sheet for the replacement optic?

Thanks...

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post