SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Lionheart Vulcan 9 ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lionheart Vulcan 9 ? Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted
I am trying to get a better understanding of the triple action pistol. Watched the video and it's pretty well splained. There's no decocker so you can just push off the hammer. Now it's in the 3rd action mode. Sort of a light DA pull to the wall then much like a SA. Think I got it but, why and what is this used for? It's another wonder 9 with too much detail carved into its slide and, it's just not a pistol without that damn optic mounted atop the slide. Got any thoughts on why and when the 3rd action mode would be needed or best used?

Posts: 17903 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Much like the older Hi-Power Mk IIIs with the similar "SFS" system, this is likely intended to cater to those who want a light SA trigger pull but don't like the idea of carrying it around with a visibly cocked hammer.

It allows you to carry "cocked and locked" but with the hammer appearing to be down.

Posts: 32525 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I have to wonder if decocked, there is resistance keeping the hammer down or can it be snagged rearward and dropped to discharge a round? Seems like fire control systems are getting a little complex.

Posts: 17903 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
So, it's a glorified Daewoo DP-51. To me, it's making things more complicated, when it should be simple. Sure, it will have its share of fans, but popular, it won't be.

Q

Posts: 26424 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
So, it's a glorified Daewoo DP-51.
Sure, it will have its share of fans, but popular, it won't be.

Yep. This gun has been around for 30+ years in various forms, and has never been popular. (At least in the US civilian market... it's the standard sidearm of the South Korean military.)

The original Daewoo DP-51 flopped when it was introduced for US sales in the late 90s/early 2000s. When it was reintroduced in the early 2010s as the Lionheart LH9 it flopped again. When it was re-reintroduced in the mid-2010s as the Lionheart Regulus it flopped yet again. And now this fourth iteration in 2023 as the Lionheart Vulcan will flop as well.

Posts: 32525 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shooters today are walking around with appenxidx carry striker guns with 4lb triggers and no safety. If any guns selling point is its "more safe" its DOA in this market. Its an all gas no brakes gun market for CCW fans.

Posts: 28 | Registered: February 04, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Thank you for that information Rogue. The action is useless IMO. Non starter.

posted Hide Post
Kind of a shame, I shot one of the original Daewoo imports and it was a good gun, once you picked which mode to use and stuck with it.

Posts: 3289 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Daewoo cars, and their engines put in other cars, are garbage, complete crap. No way will I buy one of their guns.

Posts: 27970 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Daewoo cars, and their engines put in other cars, are garbage, complete crap. No way will I buy one of their guns.

These Lionheart Vulcans aren't made by Daewoo, just based on the original pistol designed by Daewoo engineers in the 1980s. The original DP-51 and LH9 pistols were imported in from Korea, but the newer Lionheart Regulous and Vulcan pistols are made in the USA.