SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Is the Beretta 92 the sexiest pistol?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is the Beretta 92 the sexiest pistol? Login/Join 
posted

Maybe not, but top five? I feel pretty good about top five at least. Top three maybe even. Especially the early ones with the nice finish and rounded trigger guard.

Was playing around with the lights and figured a 92 would make a good test subject.

Bill R

Posts: 1121 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
BHP
CZ75
P210
P226
P228

Nope, not in the top five for me.

Q

Posts: 26417 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
BHP
CZ75
P210
P226
P228

Nope, not in the top five for me.

1911 - classic, but not sexy
BHP - yes
CZ75 - yes
P210 - overhyped
P226 - stylish, but not sexy
P228 - stylish, but not sexy

So, yep, the 92 makes the top five. Big Grin

Edit: The German Lugar probably needs to be somewhere in the top five as well.

Posts: 6623 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The 92 is photogenic. There was period of several years where it seemed like it was Hollywood's favorite.

Posts: 107624 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the Beretta 92, and it is a beautiful pistol, but it has too many jarring angles, IMHO. The decocker/safety adversely affects its lines, especially when viewing the back of the slide from the shooter's perspective.

Gonna have to take a classic blued 1911 as the sexiest pistol to me, but the 92 is a proven and superb handgun.

Posts: 1093 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Case hardened Colt Single Action Army…….but 92’s are sexy.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 92SB and early all Inox 92FS models are among the best looking auto pistols of all time for me.

Posts: 28 | Registered: February 04, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Detective Riggs didn't shoot a smiley face with no CZ.. Big Grin

Posts: 17903 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t own one but I have always lusted for one. Still looks awesome after all these years. An iconic good looking pistol for sure.

Posts: 28 | Location: FL | Registered: February 19, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
My vote for most beautiful pistols goes to the 92SB. Actual blued finish, rounded trigger guard, a nice set of wood grips...yeah, that's the stuff!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 92fstech,

Posts: 8578 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess I would call the 1911 “handsome”, not “sexy”… it’s rugged, but still has classic good looks.

Never really thought of the Colt SAA. Cause it does have a lot of curves, and in the right barrel length, definitely looks balanced.

Luger, yes, all day, svelte and sleek. Lines that just make you think feminine as opposed to masculine. I need to dig mine out and do some photos with it.

Sig 230 would be another one I would call “sexy” in terms of lines.

Crap, I just realized that if I was a chick, I would have a whole ‘ other definition of “sexy”.

So I should have defined better!

But for the 92, I like the word “photogenic”. It’s got lots of lines and curves that just seem to work from a bunch of different angles.

Bill R

Posts: 1121 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
Yes, it is. I like my Cougars too.

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 3 Beretta Shotguns, all distinctly pretty. BTW that is Goldie in the foreground, my favorite and a 28/410 2 barrel set.

So I do know a bit about "sexy" guns. Take it from an expert, the 1911 is and always will be the Sexiest Pistol and second place goes to the S&W model 19 with a 4 inch barrel.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5650 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Beretta 92 sexy? Not to me.

When I think sexy I think of these

Sig P230SL

Sig P210 Super Target

or if Revolvers are included a S&W 27

Note: not my pics, credit to whomever took them.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that actual gun beauty comes in one form:
DWM Luger.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16098 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
After purchasing a 92FS in the mid-90's and not hitting the broad side of a barn with it, the Beretta 92 series lost all sex appeal to me.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dunno about 'sexy', but it IS topless...or at the least showing its cleavage. Big Grin

I've always liked the profile of the 92, but the busy right side of the gun and its exposed mechanical bits spoils the overall look to my eye. Not top 5 pretty, but probably top 10.

I've long thought that the P210 is the best-looking handgun and nothing changes that. But after the Swiss SIG I'd probably put the S&W M41, Benelli B76, Whitney Wolverine and Browning Hi-Power as the four that would round out my top 5. If revolvers are considered then the 4" blued Colt Python would be in there, probably knocking down the Wolverine a spot. Honorable mention to the full dust cover Les Bauer Monolith (figures; me being a blocky, boxy Glock guy...)

-MG

Posts: 1994 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It took someone this long to say an H&K P-7?

cslinger is also correct, not too much more beautiful than a case hardened Single Action! Wink

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8351 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I legged out using the 92

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6316 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
Yes, yes it is.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 706 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post