SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Went to the NRA Show in Indy this morning. Some observations.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Went to the NRA Show in Indy this morning. Some observations. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I went Saturday and Sunday, since I live just west of Indy.

Saw the Military Arms Channel guy, saw Taran Butler a couple times, met Ernest Langdon and thanked him for keeping metal DA/SA pistols alive and competitive.

Aimpoint - I bought a couple Duty RDS's at the booth and they gave me a bunch of swag. Very nice people. No one else has them in stock and for the money the sample I looked at was great. The Acro P2 would be great on a Scalarworks Mount on a PDW. A bit big for a pistol, but maybe.

Trijicon now has an RMR adapter plate with rear night sight irons and matching front for the M17/M18 optic cut.

Springfield SA-35 will be worth a try when I can find one at a store. The hammer does seem to prevent the normal bite I get with Hi Powers.

FN New Hi Power is a good gun and I like it. Ambi, very good SA trigger. Not a real Hi Power and bigger/fatter but competitive with an SAO Legion 226 without the silliness.

CZ Dan Wesson DWX is awesome. 19+1 in a much better grip (for me) than a 2011. Feels like a Shadow 2 in the hand. Also got to see the new 457 Lefty Varmint and Sporter. I'd get a Varmint - perfect .22 bolt gun and still not too expensive.

Nighthawk had their reworked Colt 1911 on display. The best "classic" 1911 I've seen with just enough upgrades - small beavertail with bobbed spur hammer - to improve the ergonomics.

Holosun - SCS VP9 version is available soon. Most impressive were the all-in-one red dot night vision sight with magnification, and the similar thermal vision one. Game changers at around $1000, and $1600 respectively.

Lots more but that's what stood out to me.

And this little company called MarColMar in Richmond, Indiana (lived there 1996-2000) that makes CETME-L 5.56 rifles from the 10,000 parts kits they bought, and a bunch of parts they make themselves. Like an HK-93 5.56 but a little different. Really thinking about getting one for the $1350 or so price. Haven't seen a better deal on a roller-lock 5.56, since 7.62 G3 clones are just too big for me. And they take STANAG mags!

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
CZ Dan Wesson DWX is awesome. 19+1 in a much better grip (for me) than a 2011. Feels like a Shadow 2 in the hand.

I handled that one as well, and I agree. It feels great in the hand!

That 5.56 CETME is cool..I missed that one.

Posts: 8586 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
Did you get a chance to handle and try the trigger on the FN Reflex?

Nice write up, thanks!

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did you get a chance to handle and try the trigger on the FN Reflex?

Sorry, I did not. Micro-nines don't work well for my hands, and as such I didn't really look at many. To be honest, I didn't even know the FN Reflex existed until you mentioned it. Maybe Lefty Sig got a chance to take a look at it.

Posts: 8586 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I looked at the Reflex and it was OK, similar to a Hellcat. Don't exactly remember the trigger. Probably middle of the road among similar guns.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post