SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Scored a NIB P239
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scored a NIB P239 Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted
I’m excited for this one… I paid a premium for it, well average I suppose for what it is. Anyway. My new precious will be here Tuesday. It’s a brand new, P239 SAS in .357Sig… box, mags, the whole shebang. I’m giddy so I thought I’d share. Smile

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You're gonna love it.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
You're gonna love it.

I’m betting you’re right!

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats! I love mine it was a gun that didn’t make since to me till I shot it. Very accurate and easy to conceal in shorts and a t-shirt. I’m a big 357sig fan buy the .40 barrel also it’s just as fun!

Posts: 116 | Location: Locust Grove, Virginia | Registered: November 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ on that note.

Buy an OEM 9mm barrel and recoil spring and have a 3 in 1.
*spring may or may not be needed, depending on shooter.

The 239 is the exception, where the rest of the P series requires a conversion barrel.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice find! Congrats.

NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member

Posts: 137 | Location: Gainesville, FL.  | Registered: July 06, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
^^^ on that note.

Buy an OEM 9mm barrel and recoil spring and have a 3 in 1.
*spring may or may not be needed, depending on shooter.

The 239 is the exception, where the rest of the P series requires a conversion barrel.

I’ve been reading old threads here about this, good info. Thanks!

posted Hide Post
Great pick up! I just got back into the 239 game myself. My g10 checkered grips showed up yesterday, to the range with it tomorrow. Congratulations

Posts: 448 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P239 is THE most underestimated P series ever, IMO. But, for those who have one it is not underloved. Congrats

Posts: 49 | Registered: October 24, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Was up into the wee hours of the night and made a couple of more nice little scores. I found three, new in the wrapper 357 mags for like $35 each. Next I found a lightly used Wright Leather Works Predator holster for the 239. Both of those were on eBay of all things.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have two 239 SASs chambered in .357; one for HD while summering in Maryland, and one for CC in Florida during the balance of the year. At one point, I had all three calibers covered, but after shooting the .357 catridge through them, I got rid of the 9mm and .40 S&W barrels as just being superfluous add-ons.
If I ever settle full time in one state, I could get rid of one, but I seriouly doubt I will, I like this model so much. Congratulations on a great find, and enjoy!

________________________________________________________________________________________
“How dismal it is to see present day Americans yearning for the very orthodoxy that their country was founded to escape.” ~ Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 124 | Location: Pikesville, MD | Registered: February 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great score on a great pistol. My local dealer has 2 P239 pistols in the case. Both with night sights, neither looks like it was ever carried or fired. Both are in .40 and I am really tempted but I have looked all over for mags-none, .357 barrels-none. Both for under $700.
I am pissed because if there was any product\part support for these I would have bought one but I have just never been crazy about buying a discontinued pistol that the manufacturer doesn't even have the parts to support.
Its too bad because I think the P239 was one of the finest most reliable and accurate single stack pistols ever made.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by longjohn:
Great score on a great pistol. My local dealer has 2 P239 pistols in the case. Both with night sights, neither looks like it was ever carried or fired. Both are in .40 and I am really tempted but I have looked all over for mags-none, .357 barrels-none. Both for under $700.
I am pissed because if there was any product\part support for these I would have bought one but I have just never been crazy about buying a discontinued pistol that the manufacturer doesn't even have the parts to support.
Its too bad because I think the P239 was one of the finest most reliable and accurate single stack pistols ever made.

Barrels are tough but mags are around.
https://www.midwestgunworks.co...wi/prod/MAG-239-40-7

Posts: 234 | Location: Bucks County, PA | Registered: December 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, I checked MWG and they were out. I wonder if these just came in. I may have to rethink this !!
Thanks

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Really a fantastic gun in .40/.357SIG.

I would scarf those mags up if you are thinking of buying.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
I’m excited for this one… I paid a premium for it, well average I suppose for what it is. Anyway. My new precious will be here Tuesday. It’s a brand new, P239 SAS in .357Sig… box, mags, the whole shebang. I’m giddy so I thought I’d share. Smile

May I ask the price please?

George

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]
May I ask the price please?
George[/QUOTE]

Well, bidding started at $800. Someone else wanted it almost as bad, it got run up to $930 when I won. I’m a little embarrassed to admit that, it’s not something I’d normally do. Considering it’s a new SAS model in .357Sig, in the box, etc..it’s not too terrible.

Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
Thank you sir.

George

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
You came upon a great addition to the Family . . . . Congratulations

There were four variations of the SAS Gen 2 pistols. Is the one that you have coming the all Nitron SAS or is it the two-tone? Is it the DAK or the Traditional DA?

I am extremely fond of the P239 in 357SIG. Truthfully I never bothered with one in 40S&W, I just never warmed up to that cartridge. I would buy an all Nitron TDA SAS P239 in 357SIG if I came across one

I do have a threaded 9MM barrel, but that is just to have an additional suppressor platform. The 9mm shoots from the 357SIG magazines just fine and I do not even need to change the spring

I got rid of most of my 7 round magazines when I had access to the 8 round LE magazines. The LE mags came to us bulk packed in sealed plastic bags.

I like the little extra pinky space that these magazines provide. Also the LE mags are phosphate coated for corrosion resistance.

I know that there was a LARGE overrun of the 8 round mags so you might want to keep your eyes open. The commercial version of the 8 shot magazines has the traditional SIG blue in place of the phosphate coating.

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post