SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    WHY did Kahr skip SHOT with this?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WHY did Kahr skip SHOT with this? Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by sig2392:
I stopped carrying my PM9 the day I picked up my P365.

It has been in the safe ever since.

How does the P365 trigger compare to the PM9?

I have the CM9 (based off PM9) and the trigger is classic Kahr, buttery smooth

Although you can't really compare the two, because they are completely different, Kahr is famous for their buttery smooth trigger. I would take the Kahr trigger any days.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing here to run out for, I'll hang onto my Ruger LC9s. If you don't like video's it's only a side by side to the Kahr CM9... and of course YMMV

https://youtu.be/j1u5fVUc-9E

P220 Elite Full Size .45

Posts: 31 | Location: NW Montana | Registered: January 31, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Having watched a coworker's PM9 fall apart in his hand during a visit to the range (granted it was an early production gun that had sat unfired for many years), the infamous reputation of often requiring struggling with 200-400 rounds of break-in, plus having followers crack and shed various plastic bits on our display Kahrs, I could never develop any desire for their guns. Add to that my later learning about the harrowing experience the sister of a dear childhood friend of mine had escaping the Rev. Daddy's cul...er, church...and the frequent insinuations of Kahr's close ties with that very same church, Kahr is a very verboten brand to me. Probably didn't help that I had a crush on her during middle school, but I'm digressing...a bit.

So if Kahr fails announcing stuff, or skips big gun events altogether...hey, the ol' blue globe doesn't miss a beat and keeps spinning and flying through space for me.

-MG

Posts: 1979 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I'm resurrecting this thread, b/c it's been 12 months since Kahr teased a double-stack, yet we saw nothing new from them.

Add to that, Dahlonega Armory over the past couple weeks has been closing out some Kahr models (CT9, S9) in the $198-210 range. Is Kahr even at SHOT this year? How are they still in business?

Posts: 3185 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
I'm resurrecting this thread, b/c it's been 12 months since Kahr teased a double-stack, yet we saw nothing new from them.

Is Kahr even at SHOT this year?

Yes they are, with the Kahr X9 actually in tow this time. Apparently, it not only takes Kahr mags, but also SA Hellcat and Sig P365 mags too.

I won't bother linking to it, but the same "professional wrestler"/"used car salesman" guy on Youtube has a new video, where he actually shows off the X9 this time, instead of just teasing the concept like in the video from last year in the OP.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

I won't bother linking to it, but the same "professional wrestler"/"used car salesman" guy on Youtube

LOL, "Hey there, FRIENDS." Yes, he could strike you as one or the other.

I hate the chopped-off grip on this one. HOwever, it appears to be a competitive offering a day-late and a buck-short.

Posts: 379 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
I really want an Aluminum framed Kahr. The steel is a bit too heavy for a regular carry pistol, while having a better trigger than the polymer. The polymer also doesn’t feel right to me, even though I’ve carried one for almost 20 years.

If I were to carry a non-single stack polymer framed gun, I’d go for a 365.

Posts: 1502 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VictorLouis:
HOwever, it appears to be a competitive offering a day-late and a buck-short.

Yep. Quite late to the party. But then Kahr isn't really known for being innovative.

quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear:
If I were to carry a non-single stack polymer framed gun, I’d go for a 365.

Agreed. I carried a PM9 as a BUG for a spell, and while it was better than the J frame it replaced, I still disliked it. I gladly dropped it in favor of the P365, which gives you higher capacity and a much better trigger in a package that's essentially the exact same size. In fact, I gave the Kahr away after it sat collecting dust for a few years, because I knew I'd never use it again.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
It seems they didn't, however they may be trying "fashionably late."

Posts: 4155 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My pm9 has not been fired since I put a P365 in my pocket.

I was going to sell it but everyone quoted me such a low price because of the P365 is just gathers dust in my safe.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was painful and I was mostly fast forwarding. Yeah, that guy did sound like a Professional Wrestler.

What a waste.

Bob

Posts: 1573 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JMag
posted Hide Post
The new and upcoming Kahr X9 will accept P365 or Hellcat mags, in addition to its own. Sweet…if it runs.

JMag
"The truth is incontrovertible; malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is." ? Winston Churchill

Posts: 798 | Location: Southeastern U.S. | Registered: March 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig2392:
I stopped carrying my PM9 the day I picked up my P365.

It has been in the safe ever since.

I traded my PM9 about a week after I got my 365.

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZJ9sMN_ViA

Video shows a pre-production model X9, which uses P365 magazines and is optic-ready.

Posts: 1471 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seriously, I was waiting for him to "Snap into a Slim Jim!" RIP Macho Man.

It must suck for a gun company to try and get into the micro 9mm hicap game now. The 365 just does it the best. I've heard how this or that is going to be the 365 killer. And they aren't.

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by andronicus:
Seriously, I was waiting for him to "Snap into a Slim Jim!" RIP Macho Man.

It must suck for a gun company to try and get into the micro 9mm hicap game now. The 365 just does it the best. I've heard how this or that is going to be the 365 killer. And they aren't.

Somebody needs to come out with a DA/SA high-capacity micro-9. That's an unserved segment of the market. The S&W CSX was interesting, but I'm not going to carry an SAO. If somebody would do something similar in DA/SA with a decocker, I'd buy one.

Posts: 8541 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
Somebody needs to come out with a DA/SA high-capacity micro-9. That's an unserved segment of the market. The S&W CSX was interesting, but I'm not going to carry an SAO. If somebody would do something similar in DA/SA with a decocker, I'd buy one.

I would as well but I think there is simply a packaging limitation at play. A striker fired system is just easier to squeeze into a smaller envelope vs all the hammer/decocking etc. mechanism.

Besides the mechanical issues the reality is it’s just a striker fired, poly, 9mm market and shooters don’t seem to want to sway too far from that path. Yeah there is a small expensive 2011 or boutique market but the market as a whole is all poly striker all the time it seems.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I agree. The striker guns definitely sell better. But everybody has one, and you have to compete with the entire field. If you were the only game in town selling a micro-compact DA/SA, assuming it was decent, I imagine you'd have plenty of demand to keep you busy.

Posts: 8541 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
I like the Khar K9, but those people are s-q-u-i-r-r-e-l-l-y. A little more than mental based on my experience with them.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8657 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post