SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Picked up a PPQ M2
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked up a PPQ M2 Login/Join 
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted
Today I picked up a used near mint condition Walther PPQ M2 in 9mm came with the case, paperwork, two mags and the test target. The trigger is phenomenal and with the small grip panel it fits my hand like a glove. I would post pictures but I don’t host pictures anywhere.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I've seen PPQs for stupid cheap lately - e.g., moderately used PPQ 9mms for slightly over $300. My friend recently picked up a lightly used Q4 SF (steel frame) for $700.

With all the great guns you can buy new or lightly used for right around $300 these days, such as PPQ, CZ P-10C, Beretta APX, why bother w/ Taurus? Well, I suppose there are consumers who have to limit their budget to $200, and for them their choices might be Taurus vs SCCY vs KelTec vs Hi-Point.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just make sure the previous owner didn’t frog lube the striker channel. Who would do such a thing? The guy I bought mine off of. Went shooting in like 45 degree weather and got light primer strikes.

Ultimately, I don’t really jive with the PPQ myself. It has a fantastic trigger break, even with a mile long take up, but I dislike the sights and it seems oddly loud and recoil heavy (as heavy as 9mm go).

I kept it though, so I don’t hate it. I just really wanted to love it. Same with the VP9. Just didn’t. I hope you do!

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
Walther’s are great guns so long as you don’t care about Customer Service at all. I have a PPQ M1 that I love, but Walther’s CS makes HK look like Smith & Wesson. I’ve been given the run around on a front sight flying off in the first couple hundred rounds to trying to get a slide milled to conversion kits to buying a PDP slide. I bought and installed a replacement front sight myself and just gave up on having a red dot on it and bought a Sig as a replacement.

Posts: 1505 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, Walther's CS is marginal at times, and that's being kind, although the last time I called them I was treated well. A few months ago, I had reason to call them with a technical question and the guy I spoke with was having a bad life- not listening to me, anticipating what I was going to say, interrupting me and finally, arguing with me when there was really nothing to argue about. I had a question, that's all, but he wouldn't shut his mouth long enough for me to get it out completely. Finally, I told him that he should be nicer to the people who ring his phone, because Walther has hardly any presence with law enforcement in this country, and the guys like me, calling him up, essentially are paying his salary by supporting Walther products. Then, I told him to have a nice day, and hung up on him before he could run his angry suck again. Who knows, maybe he's managed to get laid by now.

When I sent in my PPS M2 for the trigger recall, the turnaround on my pistol was lightning fast.

The cart system on their website is a bit screwy.

In terms of CS, Walther is certainly no Glock, but I like their polymer pistols- the P99, the PPQ. the PPS. Fine pistols, all

Posts: 107640 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The PPQ is a nice range gun. It's too large for concealed carry and does not offer a manual safety for those (like me) who prefer one. The trigger is fine. I sold mine, preferring my Sig and Beretta pistols. Walther was never able to repair my two Arkansas PPK/S .380s, by the way. Both were new and under warranty but suffered from light primer strikes. I gave up, after months of disappointment.

Posts: 270 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Nice. Smile

I still have an affection for the Q4 Steel Frame myself.
As far as CS I have had nothing but success with them, answering questions and getting my free optic mount in a timely manner.
There was one time they did not have a part I needed and had to go to another source and paid dearly for my gunsmithing mistake with a high part price. Frown
I don't ever see buying another Glock but Walther - for sure.

Posts: 22923 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great score. PDPs are excellent shooting pistols.

I have a "Classic" PPQ, sometimes referred to as the M1, 1st gen or 'the original'. Superb trigger as strikers go and it's a shooter that's easy to be accurate with, though it does exhibit a bit more muzzle flip in my hands than I normally prefer. It's got that "high bore axis" thingamajiggy and relatively light weight going against it, so I'm never really surprised with the amount of muzzle rise I endure whenever shooting it. My full-size PDP weighs about the same and more or less has the same bore axis yet I don't feel its muzzle rise quite as noticeably, which I think is due to its superior grip contouring and texturing (i.e., I can hang onto it better).

I haven't had a lot of experiences with their CS. One time at work it was to notify them of a mismatched PPQ S/N to the one printed on the label of the factory case that it arrived in (big oops Walther), the other time for the recall of my PPS M2. Both times I spoke to knowledgeable and accommodating persons, with more than agreeable customer service chops.

-MG

Posts: 2001 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I had a problem with my PPQ P22 right after I got. One call, I had a label and it was back to Walther on their dime. I've received it back fairly quickly as I've recall.

Posts: 12469 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post