SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anybody use ship my gun?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody use ship my gun? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I just used them recently for the first time. Had a small payment issue with the web site and ended up speaking with someone live about it. I think I waited less than 2 minutes to speak with an agent and they gave me an immediate workaround. Kudos to them for good customer support.

Something I learned while speaking with the agent that wasn't clear on the web site is they do processing runs 2 times per business day. When you place an order it's not an instantaneous process. The destination FFL I was sending to was one of the green / preferred ones and received my label the same day, near the end of the business day, when I placed the order before 11am.

Outside of the very minor item above everything went perfect and I'll definitely be using them again.

Posts: 353 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Today is the third business day since my order and still no contact at all. I'm sitting on hold with them now and have no faith anyone will ever answer. Is it better to call Bud's about this? The FFL to whom I'm shipping is in their system.

Posts: 3541 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
32 min. on hold so far. Never using these guys again. Whatever they've saved me in shipping, they've taken in time and aggravation.

Posts: 3541 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have used them 4 different times, both long guns and pistols, no problems at all, saved me a lot of money.
kenner

Posts: 460 | Location: iron mountain, mi. | Registered: December 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I'm a day away from disputing the charge on my Amex. No response from SMG at all. This is ridiculous.

posted Hide Post
I used SMG successfully a couple times, and a couple other times got no response, even though the destination FFL shop was in their preferred database.

I may be the exception to most folk, but I have no interest in using them again.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1938 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watching how this turns out as I’m getting ready to sell/ship a couple handguns out of state as CA only allows me 5 transactions per year and I’m thinning the herd. I’ve used them before with no drama, and it saved me money, but I see now they use UPS instead of FedEx. Bummer, because the FedEx hub is only 2 miles from me as opposed to UPS which requires me to navigate 15 miles, with multiple freeways, of CA traffic.

Posts: 757 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
This is for a gun I sold on GB. I haven't gotten the buyer's cashier's check yet, but I knew SMG can take a while, so I started the process early. If I get the payment and still no label from SMG, I'll just ship it as "machined parts" UPS or FedEx Ground. I know I'd be screwed if it got lost, but it's never happened to me before.

BTW, I called Bud's today, since they own SMG. The sales guy I spoke with couldn't find anyone there who had ever heard of SMG, even told me it might be a scam. Unreal.

Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
UPDATE

I was about to call Amex, but decided to give SMG one more try and got a live person after a five min. hold. She said the pre-auth. charge on my Amex was canceled because they didn't complete the order within three days. No explanation why. I just placed the order again, this time it gave me an order # and shows in my order history. However, it has not yet hit my Amex like it did on Sunday.

Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Got my label. No response to my email or web inquiry. But I'll take it.