SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    First time out with my new-to-me P&R'd 629 44 MAG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First time out with my new-to-me P&R'd 629 44 MAG Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted
My neighbor had family in town and asked me to take them to the range yesterday. I took the opportunity to try out my new-to-me S&W 629. I purchased a box of American Eagle 240 grain 44 mag JHP.

Only fired 2 cylinders as that’s about all I could handle. First shot was a bullseye. The rest of the group wasn’t too bad after that.

I'm not used to gripping these revolvers and they take some getting used to. Plus the strain of holding on tighter knowing that you have to because of the impending recoil.

Fun gun and I can’t wait to shoot it some more with some 44 specials.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5414 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Sweet, that'll put hair on your chest!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vincent317
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your 629. It is one of my favorite handguns to shoot; always brings a smile to my face. Try some Hornady 300 gr .44 magnum rounds. The 300 gr feels more comfortable, to me, than the 240s.

Posts: 593 | Location: NC | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post